• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dodge or ford diesel ?

i bought my first diesel a couple months ago after looking into both ford and dodge. i went with the dodge cause it has the 12v and nv4500. it pulls like crazy to.it has over 200,000 on it and gets 450 to 500 miles out of a tank. i wouldn't buy anything that doesnt have a cummins. unless i was to put a cummins in it.

nobody wantsmy opinion but I'llgive it anyways..

Ford or a dodge, doesn't matter. Don't get the 6.0 whatever you do.. I like the mid 90's Ford crew cab body better. If you want to mod it, keep it simple. Don't do what I've done, it just creates headaches.. get to 350-400 hp and stay there. You'll be more then happy. If you want a Ford body with a 7.3 then get it, just make sure to get the F350 and not the F250. You can do some reasonable mods to it. If the motor ever craps or turns into more of a headache then you want. It isn't incredibly hard to put a cummins in there.. And you will have the perfect truck you wanted. And that would be a couple years down the road. Or if you have the cash,make it happen early. I do get a laugh out of every time I see one of those fords turn around though :haha:

You might as well take the only good part of a Dodge out when it falls apart. :haha:

Yeah, the Dodge has some quality issues with the body and such, but have you forgotten about the axles? Pretty beefy stuff. And if you have the manual, they are not so bad... Better than that worthless slushbox. My grandfathers dodge will get up to 20MPH downhill before the torque converter kicks in! Low renge, even....:looser:

I just don't think at all that somebody could tout Fords as "well put together." I have seen/heard to many of them catching fire, trannies going out left and right, brake systems suck (or used to). I know it is no PSD, but I had two Rangers in my family, both had to go back to the dealer several times before 10k. My stepdads melted the headliner almost off the roof from a faulty dome light, headlight switch wouldn't work, brakes failed... And, my girlfrinds door wouldn't shut, or open, driveshaft came loose, brake system was replaced... NEVER AGAIN!!!

I think the Chevys have the best build between all of them.

in the latest diesel magazine, some moron put a 6.0 in a CJ... wtf? I can understand the guys putting 7.3's in old 70's Fords.. but the 6.0 crap into anything is just idiotic.

in the latest diesel magazine, some moron put a 6.0 in a CJ... wtf? I can understand the guys putting 7.3's in old 70's Fords.. but the 6.0 crap into anything is just idiotic.

I would totally do a 6.0 in swap into a Jeep if I got a wrecked truck for free, someone did the swap for free and bought me beer while they did the work. Then, I would sell it.

I would have to go with the f650 with the 7.2L CAT and an 7 speed spicer

ya would would ya? lol///// (mr gasser boy...) lol.. :fawkdancesmiley:
as nice as that'd be.. a guy could buy a whole fleet of f350s and just keep throwing them away as they break down for that kinda $$$

i bought my first diesel a couple months ago after looking into both ford and dodge. i went with the dodge cause it has the 12v and nv4500. it pulls like crazy to.it has over 200,000 on it and gets 450 to 500 miles out of a tank. i wouldn't buy anything that doesnt have a cummins. unless i was to put a cummins in it.

thats it 450 500 i get 650 to750:D

I have a 99 7.3l ford. Love the truck. It has some upgrades, built tranny, intercooler, chip, upgraded turbo housing, ect. Truck drives and pulls great. but the one thing i don't like about it is the turning radius, it just plain sucks. Dodge has a way better turning radius. If you want something to mod then go with the cummins it can handle gobs of power. the 7.3 over 400hp you have to start upgrading alot of things and it gets expensive. what ever you do stay away from the 6.0 psd though.

To get the powerstroke to 400hp you have to upgrade alot of thing and it is expensive. The 7.3 is fairly easy to get to the high 200's but much more than 300hp without injectors and you are doing good.

thats it 450 500 i get 650 to750:D

Kiss my azz, I should have kept that thing.:fawkdancesmiley: