• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge rear brake pad input(01' 2500)

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I had one brake pad hit metal (I knew I was getting close but a lil too late). As soon as I can afford to I need to get it fixed.

So what brake pad brands are you guys having good luck with that have good longevity, not too expensive and quiet?

oops
DSC01718.JPG

DSC01719.JPG

Last edited:
i prefer performance friction pads for heavy rigs like yours, i have the same truck, and have installed hundreds on vehicles that come through our shop. they are quiet and take heat really well, never had them fade away under heavy loaded down braking, down long grades.

We've been using Centric brakes. I have them up from and shoes in the rear. I got 40K on them(fronts) and they still had 50% left, but I changed them anyways.

Yours is rear disc eh mikey?
We use either the Centric's as well with good results...Also use Wagner Thermoquiets quite a bit with good results.....Both wear really well, and are quiet/nearly dust-free...

Yours is rear disc eh mikey?
We use either the Centric's as well with good results...Also use Wagner Thermoquiets quite a bit with good results.....Both wear really well, and are quiet/nearly dust-free...

yup--I got the goods :redneck:

Thanks for the input guys....

my truck has 245k and the pads still look great. the previous owner changed the fronts, checked the backs, but never changed the backs. i guess dodge preferred low maintenace above working brakes :mad:.

We use Centrics on the trucks and have been having good results with them. Not a fan of the Wagners anymore. Ever since O'rielly bought out Schucks it appears a lot of the big name companies are loosing there quality.

I'll echo the good results with Centric. On all the trucks and fleet stuff we've been using their 106 series Severe Duty pads with very good results.

performance friction carbon mets,cheapest from auto zone,the warmer they are the better they stop,very nice when towing...have had them on both of my tow rigs...:awesomework: