• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Double ended ram

Its a good ram. I have had mine for around 7 years know with no problems. Will have to check but I think I went with the 1.5 shaft.

Going full hydraulic?

My 60 has an 8 inch ram.
When I talked to the steering experts, the larger bore equals increased pressure, but slower speed.
I opted for a single ended ram, 1.5 inch, as an assist only.

I run a Howe 2.5 10", their stuff is expensive but best **** on the market. Their race support/customer service is awesome. I'd run trail gear before psc.. I honestly don't think I've talked to anybody that has good things to say about psc...
if your close to dodge width I'd run a 10" ram we put an 8" on one of our cars with a dodge 60 and it just didn't have enough steering, we swapped out and went to a 10"

Last edited:
Going full hydraulic?

My 60 has an 8 inch ram.
When I talked to the steering experts, the larger bore equals increased pressure, but slower speed.
I opted for a single ended ram, 1.5 inch, as an assist only.

I have been full hydro for 9 years . Just going to a double ended ram.

I run a Howe 2.5 10", their stuff is expensive but best **** on the market. Their race support/customer service is awesome. I'd run trail gear before psc.. I honestly don't think I've talked to anybody that has good things to say about psc...
if your close to dodge width I'd run a 10" ram we put an 8" on one of our cars with a dodge 60 and it just didn't have enough steering, we swapped out and went to a 10"

Best part is all I need is the ram--I have the rest already... Ya I know about howe and the psc ram on matts rig that I just did had a leak on the ram.

Best part is all I need is the ram--I have the rest already... Ya I know about howe and the psc ram on matts rig that I just did had a leak on the ram.

How wide is your front? My ram total shaft length is 26"
I guess the only worry you'd have is over steering the u joints... you could always have Branik clearance them as well

How wide is your front? My ram total shaft length is 26"
I guess the only worry you'd have is over steering the u joints... you could always have Branik clearance them as well

Width is a moot point though when it comes to travel and just as I thought its about 7 7/8" travel lock to lock so a 8" will work. So its a matter of de-stroking an 8" about 1/4"--which I have done numerous times.

Width is a moot point though when it comes to travel and just as I thought its about 7 7/8" travel lock to lock so a 8" will work. So its a matter of de-stroking an 8" about 1/4"--which I have done numerous times.

I didn't word my question properly, but you did answer it hahaha!

I run a 3" Howe ram that's a 10" stroke. For the time it has been destroked to 8". Now that I have Brandik shafts that are good for 50* steering I have the option to go full 10" if I get off these 44s.

I run a full howe system and im very happy. I here that a howe pump with a psc double ended ram is supposed to be the best setup.