• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Down sizing, what do you got.

2dedge said:
Wyatt, do you guys prep all year for speed week?

I have been asking myself the question about downsizing for a while now. I have been doing well in the Rausch Creek race series top 10 or better finishes the last 2 years in a row, but really what is it all about. Lots of Hours preping, smooshing and working sponsors, doing the right thing"for the sport" instead of enjoying myself and for what a few trophies. I keep thinking it would be sweet to have a nice streetable rig and a few sleds to go rip it up in the winter. And I would not miss the long hours in the shop, I have been through one divorce already, I do not want to do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a 2 man show. I do all the work, and my dad hemmhawsss around and hides my tools and safety glasses a lot. laughing1
I plan on hauling the car to LA in the spring to do some runs at El Mirage (high desert north east of LA), its a dry lakebed, not unlike Means at the Hammers. But yeah based on the small amounts of time I get to be able to work on it it takes me quite a while to get it squared away.
The reason for the El Mirage run is I'm swapping motors to something more user friendly and less radical for licensing. Trying to license on the Foyt was like trying to close quarters fight with a howitzer.
And its looking like my dad's going to be working oversea's next year so he'll only be flying in to Speedweek. Wanna come?

Downsizing ? atleast all ya'll had something to get rid of..

I started out with nothing.... and i still got most of it left

Have you seens this???!!! Seems like a perfect match.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939108

InDaShop said:
Great post.

I ramped up, didnt like it at the top and downsized right back down.
I absolutely hated the time commitments to race on the top level of what we do.

Chronological order:

Co-drive, spot trail riding (Mainly beer drinking)
Buy buggy to trail ride
Decide to race buggy because I wanted stickies
Addicted to racing (most expensive stickies EVER)
Buy dually, buy BigDumbass trailer to haul around country
Say **** this its too much of everything
Sell BigDumbass trailer
Sell Dually
Content with non-dually and bumper pull
Build LandSpeed car, have to buy new big enclosed
Bored of buggy so sell it
Dont use bumperpull anymore so sell it

I'm down to:
My DD Duramax, a Featherlite enclosed, a '65 Riviera, a salt car, and my project '42 chevy truck.

Currently lusting after a Class1 Lite or Class10 desert car, but cant pull the trigger because I keep thinking about the time commitments. I wish I could find a car owner who needed funds to race, and let me fly and drive a couple times a year to get my fix. skully

Like all of you guys, I'm always going to be into something or somethings. I do miss offroad racing and the people, but I dont miss the 24 hr one way road trips, and associated 3 months of solid prep before hand.

1TONZR2 said:
first person I thought of when I read that was Wyatt....lol

got multiple texts today on it. Yeah truely a perfect fit, but not perfect timing.
If I for one thought I could actually race this year (outside of Speedweek) with a newborn coming end of January I would be doing a deal. CHEAPEST CLASS 1 ON THE MARKET, hands down!!!!

Shirley even had a convincing line to buy and let it sit a year. And the wife heard me talking to Kelly and then came and gave me kisses for showing restraint. Thats a badass car for pennies on the dollar.

InDaShop said:
Shirley even had a convincing line to buy and let it sit a year. And the wife heard me talking to Kelly and then came and gave me kisses for showing restraint. Thats a badass car for pennies on the dollar that will sit more than nit's used and cost more than the purchase price the first year you own it
Fixed!

Glad you didn't get all chubbed out and globber one on the monitor and put a deposit on it buddy. You're a better hot rod driver anyway :flipoff1:

Tangent (weak thread derail) you gonna be in KS over the holidays?

Bones said:
Tangent (weak thread derail) you gonna be in KS over the holidays?

Pregosaurus Rex cant travel so we are relegated to the mild winter and no snow of South Texas. loller.gif

You're going to be back there? I havent been back in WAY too long. I need to see all my peeps, and see whats new in P-town. Last time I ran a red light that was new to me, but had been up over a year. OUCH! We were talking Spring Break, but I rented a cabin on Table Rock for a week next June, so I think that will be our next trip back north.

Oh yeah and whats this about a KC girlfriend? whats up?

I was just there last weekend (Louisburg) and yes will be there sometime after Christmas and to Mile's for NYE asshattery. Yes I have a GF in L-burg...P n Dedre went to HS with her.

blacksheep10 said:
You sonofabitch, You were a few miles from me and didn't ask me to sip chard at the winery with you. You can kiss the fattest part of my ass. :gtfo: :flipgotcha:
Oh fawk man! It was so damn windy out and shitty I just wanted to stay in and flaunt my pimpled ass to my new lady friend. thumb.gif

Cole said:
If the right trail worthy DD came about I would Trade my buggy. I saw a really nice 4 door JK last weekend at choccolocco that I would love to have. It had currie rock jock 60s with 37s and a few other things.

Have you seen the price on those things? ****, I bet that dude has more $$ in that thing than you do your buggy. That JK stuff is crazy expensive.

wngrog said:
Have you seen the price on those things? ****, I bet that dude has more $$ in that thing than you do your buggy. That JK stuff is crazy expensive.
got that right..... theres so much electronics in the damn things that you have to get all jk specific parts for it. kinda a pain in the ass

blacksheep10 said:
I know of one cheap, just have to get a title for it :flipoff1:

We live in Alabama. You can drive around 8 years with a dealer tag on anything like you bought it yesterday.

Cole said:
If the right trail worthy DD came about I would Trade my buggy. I saw a really nice 4 door JK last weekend at choccolocco that I would love to have. It had currie rock jock 60s with 37s and a few other things.

wngrog said:

**** Doug (the owner) said he upwards of $60,000 in that thing... it is nice though.

Bones said:
Still on the XRR? That is awesome man

I was talking about the free plastic ones you get when you buy a car.

But to answer your response I just picked up a new dealer tag today. booyang