• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

driveline vibes still...

It's really hard to tell until you can eliminate some things from the equation. Drive train issues are hard to diagnose sometimes when you're just feeling them in the cab since it's all connected. I would put my money on the tires or the driveline

Ok, Ya I thought about borrowing a laptop (more for a fun experiment) and hooking my webcam up to it and filming the driveline as it rotates and then looking at it after a little run... :corn: Something fun to try i guess.:cheer:

Ok, Ya I thought about borrowing a laptop (more for a fun experiment) and hooking my webcam up to it and filming the driveline as it rotates and then looking at it after a little run... :corn: Something fun to try i guess.:cheer:

it might be easier to just swap wheels and tires.:rolleyes:

The driveline was built by precision driveline ...:eeek:

Found the problem and where it is My brother use to use them and after masive problems with drive shafts he went elsware. I also had vib problems with shafts from them

Last edited:
it may sound stupied but on one of are work trucks the rear tiers had really bad flat spots and around 50 55 mph i shook like crazy

Found the problem and where it is My brother use to use them and after masive problems with drive shafts he went elsware. I also had vib problems with shafts from them

really?!?! hmmm, they seemed to know their stuff... I wonder if maybe I should have my driveline checked by another driveline place.... or just take it back in...:eeek:

Ok, so we ran it 84toyota4x4's yota last night and it ran fine up to 60mph... So now i got to throw it in my rig and try it again. The guy said it might need the CV rebuilt in it. Anyone have any helpful hints for doing that? It's the earlier style 40x40mm pattern, I'm not sure what year it came out of.....help?:corn: Are the rebuilt kits the same for them?

Ok, so we ran it 84toyota4x4's yota last night and it ran fine up to 60mph... So now i got to throw it in my rig and try it again. The guy said it might need the CV rebuilt in it. Anyone have any helpful hints for doing that? It's the earlier style 40x40mm pattern, I'm not sure what year it came out of.....help?:corn: Are the rebuilt kits the same for them?

I dontthink I would rebuild the CV as a stab in the dark or just to be sure.

Its a royal bitch and they dont wear out that often.

does it have actual play or click or is it notchy?

If it is a worn out CV, then why did it work fine in 84toyotas truck?

CHANGE YOUR FAWKIN TIRES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beatdeadhorse:

i'm just saying it MIGHT be the CV, but i highly doubt it. and yes it would have made his truck shake. It's not the tires, his tires are not balanced at all. and they're almost the exact tire. The tires ran fine on the old setup, it's not the tires, I took the tires off and did a test running the driveline up to speed, it vibrated like hell, it's not the tires, I took the brake drums off thinking they were hanging up, it's not the tires. I just hope when i put it in it's fixed, because ya, i don;t think it's the CV either, but I want to know more about them, just in case. I'll know this weekend IF I get my driveline back from him...:eeek::haha: He definitely changed up the balancing on it, the weight in one spot up towards the CV was definitely larger...which was where the vibration was most prevalent...:eeek:

It indeed ran smooooth in my truck. I hope its the same for you back in your truck man, I know what having a bad driveline is like. I didnt want to give that one back :haha:

Im gonna go test drive mine a little later tonight I think and see how it rides now with the new addition to the tires, and the shitty driveline, lol.

~T.J.

Man, your killing me!!!! Ya know you scored that case for what $100 bucks after it just had been all torn down and rebuilt. . . all new seals bearings everything. . . I dont know if you noticed the RTV on it at all. . .

I dont know why you are having problems. . . sure seems weird I ran it in a fullsize 77 F-250 with a V8 and unbalanced 36's and never had any problems. . . :eeek:

Maybe you just need to accept your not driving your VW and its a lifted truck on offroad tires driving on the street. . . . Vibes is a pretty common thing!!!! I had really bad vibrations in the ford at one point of time and it ended up being a worn out slip joint and a bad pinion bearing. . . . .

I would check your Diff and the d-line before you start convinvcing yourself I ****ed you over with a bad case. . .

P.S. I will gladly buy the case back from you tomorrow for exactly what you paid!!!!! So you tell me what you want I would be very happy to have my ford powered jeep finally driving down the street:awesomework:

Man, your killing me!!!! Ya know you scored that case for what $100 bucks after it just had been all torn down and rebuilt. . . all new seals bearings everything. . . I dont know if you noticed the RTV on it at all. . .

I dont know why you are having problems. . . sure seems weird I ran it in a fullsize 77 F-250 with a V8 and unbalanced 36's and never had any problems. . . :eeek:

Maybe you just need to accept your not driving your VW and its a lifted truck on offroad tires driving on the street. . . . Vibes is a pretty common thing!!!! I had really bad vibrations in the ford at one point of time and it ended up being a worn out slip joint and a bad pinion bearing. . . . .

I would check your Diff and the d-line before you start convinvcing yourself I ****ed you over with a bad case. . .

P.S. I will gladly buy the case back from you tomorrow for exactly what you paid!!!!! So you tell me what you want I would be very happy to have my ford powered jeep finally driving down the street:awesomework:

Calm down, I'm just saying that's the only thing I didn't personally have a hand in going through, other than the driveline, which it did cure a good amount of the vibration when i had to have it rebalanced, and no, it didn't vibrate before i did all this stuff, I didn't mean to come across as if you screwed me over, that's not what I'm saying at all! I just wondered if it was maybe put together weird, but i think it's just got a little play, no biggy. :awesomework: I am very much a perfectionist, and when things are close to that, I freak out and wont stop till it's fixed or i know the source of the problem. I'm sorry you think I am accusing you of something, I would have came straight to you.:awesomework:

Last edited:
I think you are approaching this all wrong Boonie...it's not that your driveline vibrates, the problem is that the rest of your rig doesn't rattle enough for you to not notice :fawkdancesmiley:

I think you are approaching this all wrong Boonie...it's not that your driveline vibrates, the problem is that the rest of your rig doesn't rattle enough for you to not notice :fawkdancesmiley:

OMG

now I have a vibration,

I think it is spreading

I'll keep it

kinda feels good

I think i'll take that as a compliment...:haha::haha::haha:

I think i'll go loosen up a few more drivetrain bolts to fix the driveline vibration. :awesomework:

my tow rig has a vibe.....I just narrowed it down the front axle pinion bearings going out......Tues I will be digging deep into that:mad:

Latest posts