• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driver License

jeeppoor

I received my new drivers license yesterday. I did not have to go in. I was able to do renew it over the internet this year (1st time I ever done that).
But right under where it says Driver License it says Not For Federal Identification.
What the hell does that mean? What the Hell!
So can I use it to id me when I vote now?

Since when do you have to show ID to vote?

Just pick a name in the register book and sign in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Been this way for years in Kentucky. No ID = No vote.

Google the real ID act of 2005 and it will explain what the deal is. Alabama is not in compliance basically.

I have to show Government issued ID at my polling precinct. I wish Ga would go back to being able to renew by mail or internet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Driver License

mdo817 said:
I have to show Government issued ID at my polling precinct. I wish Ga would go back to being able to renew by mail or internet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You can now if you have the newer license that requires a birth certificate to get. I broke mine and ordered a new one online.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I've been renewing mine online for years. They make you retake your pic every 10 years here in TN. Same for handgun and they use the same pic on it. I looked at both and neither says anything about it not being a federal ID. Last time I went to the DMV I was so pissed after a couple of hours I was more than happy to do it online. Do my tags that way too and if all goes well emission testing is going away here which will make that even easier.

TBItoy said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need a valid drivers license or state id to vote in Michigan. They have a bar code on them and they run them through a reader before they give you your ballet.