• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dry creek??

tommy450r

Anyone ever heard of a place called dry creek around Jackson TN??

I've heard a lot of people ride there in buggys and sxs would like to find out more about it.

tommy450r said:
David Scott said:
Are you sure its in Jackson I know of a Dry creek in Savannah Tenn
[/quot

It may be I'd like to check the place out but don't know an address

Dry Creek is probably gonna be the Savannah, Tn or Waterloo, Al that everyone goes to. Hopefully others will respond but I wouldnt take my buggy down there for nothing. There is alot of people that ride rzrs, 4 wheelers, and street legal 4wd's down there. You will hear of places like "end of the world" and "waterfall" that is the Waterloo side. Just keep in mind those are all county roads and you are expected to be street legal. It is NOT Enforced due to the fact that TVA doesnt have their police force anymore. After TVA quit funding the police force everyone went in and tore the gates and all back down so they could ride again without being street legal.

Savannah, Tn has hills you will hear as "widow maker" and such. Used to be a big area for rail buggies and all. Not sure how many people still ride there.

I want to stress again that these are all private TVA land and county roads but many people every Saturday amd Sunday go ride. I havent been since high school but the scenery is awesome. I just cant imagine the issues I would come up with if they thought they was going to impound my buggy.

civicmindedex79 said:
Dry Creek is probably gonna be the Savannah, Tn or Waterloo, Al that everyone goes to. Hopefully others will respond but I wouldnt take my buggy down there for nothing. There is alot of people that ride rzrs, 4 wheelers, and street legal 4wd's down there. You will hear of places like "end of the world" and "waterfall" that is the Waterloo side. Just keep in mind those are all county roads and you are expected to be street legal. It is NOT Enforced due to the fact that TVA doesnt have their police force anymore. After TVA quit funding the police force everyone went in and tore the gates and all back down so they could ride again without being street legal.

Savannah, Tn has hills you will hear as "widow maker" and such. Used to be a big area for rail buggies and all. Not sure how many people still ride there.

I want to stress again that these are all private TVA land and county roads but many people every Saturday amd Sunday go ride. I havent been since high school but the scenery is awesome. I just cant imagine the issues I would come up with if they thought they was going to impound my buggy.

That's where I would think they are referring to. Like stated above I wouldn't want to risk impound and all the legal mess would be in. Granted there's some real nice riding and awesome views, but it's trespassing on Fed land on good bit of it. You can ride most of the roads in just about anything street legal and get to all of the above mentioned locations. We used to ride there a lot years ago with several locals who may still be around - "honcho" and Joey I think. There's a lot of good climbing to be had if you wanna chance it.

Also, if you do go and get on Bruton side and want to make a run at "widow maker" let me know, I may drive the pickup down there and watch from the road.

Not sure if it's happened any in a while but I've heard of impounds too - even a few tow rigs. And TN police can get to it but don't think they mess with ya.

Yea savannah TN is where I'm asking about. And this is the info I was looking for I didn't wanna drive out there an get my buggy impounded. I talked to a group of guys out riding the other day and they said I wouldn't have a problem with cops at all. But I don't know an address or name of a place to unload /park my tow rig.

I have a buggy and a Razor I go there a lot it is county roads but the roads are not kept up you must have a 4x4 to go on them

Yea i got the 4x4 part covered!! David Scott I will give ya a shout sometime soon. I'd like to ride out there tomorrow but idk if that will happen or not. Maybe next weekend.

Made a trip out there today it's a badass place to go all the hills a man could dream of!!! We ran into some regulars an they showed us around we rode all day an only covered about 1/4 of it. Will plan a weekend camping trip over there real soon.

Shortbus said:
That's where I would think they are referring to. Like stated above I wouldn't want to risk impound and all the legal mess would be in. Granted there's some real nice riding and awesome views, but it's trespassing on Fed land on good bit of it. You can ride most of the roads in just about anything street legal and get to all of the above mentioned locations. We used to ride there a lot years ago with several locals who may still be around - "honcho" and Joey I think. There's a lot of good climbing to be had if you wanna chance it.

Also, if you do go and get on Bruton side and want to make a run at "widow maker" let me know, I may drive the pickup down there and watch from the road.

Not sure if it's happened any in a while but I've heard of impounds too - even a few tow rigs. And TN police can get to it but don't think they mess with ya.

Widow maker was the first hill my tire touched off the trailer an went right up it no problem. Def a good hill but nothing for a rail or a bouncer.

I didn't even know it was that hill until we hooked up with some of the regulars an they seen my tracks up it an said damn son we can't believe u climbed that an then told me about the people that has lost their lives on it. It's along way to be flipping back down with nothing to stop ya!!

Re:

I've only ridden there once and it was an awesome ride
I have heard of troubles with the police up there though a while back they were there writing tickets. Lots of fun obstacles up there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Bumpers said:
I've only ridden there once and it was an awesome ride
I have heard of troubles with the police up there though a while back they were there writing tickets. Lots of fun obstacles up there

The guys we were with all day said they been going for years with no cop issues. They live 2 hours away an rode there so much that they all went in an rented a house close by an stayed on the weekends.

Re:

Yea all the people who got tickets up there a few months ago been riding there their whole lives .. it may have just been a random thing .. there is some wma land up there too