• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samsung Washer and Dryer

zukimaster said:
Everything is so cheap ass made now, I remember back when washers, dyers, fridges etc. use to last 20-30 years, so much extra high tech garbage on **** now, just keeps things tore up.
This right here. Fawk all that fancy ****. On and off button and go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought my wife a set of front loading Samsung last March, cause that is what she saw and wanted, so far no problems (knock on wood)

I will never buy another HE washer if I have a choice. I could wash sweaty clothes in it and they would come out looking clean and smelling great. Break a sweat in them the following day and BOOM would smell of mildew/sweat combo. Tried different detergents, softeners. Sold it on craigslist at a loss and bought an older simpler unit, happy with it's results.
The wives want the fancy ones they see advertised, but long term the simple units seem to hold up. I guess they are like everything else these days, too much stuff. If it doesn't have an option, that option will never break.

RustyC said:
I will never buy another HE washer if I have a choice. I could wash sweaty clothes in it and they would come out looking clean and smelling great. Break a sweat in them the following day and BOOM would smell of mildew/sweat combo. Tried different detergents, softeners.

I've noticed the same thing...my clothes smell great after they're washed but just as soon as I break a sweat they start to reek again.

I guess I need to investigate why this is going on...I was about to throw them away and start over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a GE front load washer for about 8 years , still works but I hated the thing so recently replaced it with a top load with an aggitator and Im so happy with it.
Front load washers require alot of cleaning to keep them from making the clothes smell and good luck trying to keep mildew out of everything . I used washing machine cleaner once a week , cleaned the rubber seal and the drawer that holds the all the degerent, bleach ,ect. all the time and still had problems with the clothes smelling soured.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

https://www.speedqueen.com/

Research these. They are about the only company still making a plain jane washer and dryer. They are about as expensive as the fancy new ones but they WORK. Basically they are full commercial grade like what would be in a 24/7 laundry mat. Got a few friends with them that run them for years with zero issues. I believe most of them had/have a 5 year parts/labor warranty. I got a old set of Whirlpool that are still kicking after 10-11 years but the dryer is on the fritz so I'll be looking into some soon myself.

With the new HE style you have to get one with a steam cycle to get ride of the sweat and pee smell. Every time you unload clothes leave to front load door open so it can dry out and it will. It mildew.