• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samsung Washer and Dryer

TheViking

Targeted
Okay the washer and dryer let go this week and you cant order the parts any longer. So the girlfriend and I have spent the night shopping for a new washer and dryer. She likes Samsung :dunno:

Anyone have any of these and whats your opinion? I get my clothes super nasty at work so having my clothes get clean is very important for me.

TheViking said:
Okay the washer and dryer let go this week and you cant order the parts any longer. So the girlfriend and I have spent the night shopping for a new washer and dryer. She likes Samsung :dunno:

Anyone have any of these and whats your opinion? I get my clothes super nasty at work so having my clothes get clean is very important for me.

Speed queen top pick. Samsung if its a great deal

The Samsungs are JUNK...buddy of mine used to sell them at Lowe'"s. He told me most of the returns they get are Samsung'"s. Before knowing that we bought a set of the samsungs...ended up taking them back. Wouldn'"t get stains out and the dryer had a mind of its own...sometimes clothes were fried sometimes they came out sopping wet. They may look cool and have fancy features but they'"re garbage. Read some reviews before you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMO if you get dirty like me your best option is a washer with an agitator. The ones without don't do that good of a job at removing stains

kboring said:
IMO if you get dirty like me your best option is a washer with an agitator. The ones without don't do that good of a job at removing stains

This!

We have a HE washer but still without an agitator. On "Normal" setting it will not clean our work clothes. And ours are not really dirty, but we work in white dust in a paper factory. On normal when the cycle is finished the clothes still have clumps of wet dust on them. We have to run the "Bulky" setting which fills the drum with water just like older style washers did to get them clean. The new HE washers have all kinds of bells and whistles but won't clean really dirty clothes.

We bought a new washer and no matter what setting it is on the damn thing only fills the drum with water half way. If I've got dirty clothes I want to give them every opportunity to get them clean. I'm not interested in saving any water when it comes to cleaning shitty underwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kboring said:
The Samsungs are JUNK...buddy of mine used to sell them at Lowe'"s. He told me most of the returns they get are Samsung'"s. Before knowing that we bought a set of the samsungs...ended up taking them back. Wouldn'"t get stains out and the dryer had a mind of its own...sometimes clothes were fried sometimes they came out sopping wet. They may look cool and have fancy features but they'"re garbage. Read some reviews before you buy.

X2 Run far away from the Smasungs.

grcthird said:
Everyone I know with a frontload washer hates it.
And you have to leave the door open when not in use or they will grow mold around the door seal.

kboring said:

I will be putting this to the test at some point in the future when I start V8ing my jeep. The only time we have truly dirty clothes is when I am working on the jeep. We replaced our washer and dyer with GE units about 6 months and they have worked very well so far.

I hate our Samsung's. They're garbage. Had them two years. Fixed dryer twice and replaced washer once. X eleventy billion on getting an Agitator.

I have one of the heavy duty top load maytag units and it does a great job getting the dirt/grease/stuff off my clothes.

We have a pair of Samsung's, top loading with the fancy sink thing in the top. Had them over two years so far without any issues at all. Maybe we just got lucky.

1TONTJ said:
We have a pair of Samsung's, top loading with the fancy sink thing in the top. Had them over two years so far without any issues at all. Maybe we just got lucky.
That's the same set we have. I plan on attaching some tannerite to them at some point.

Bought fancy front load a few years back, only lasted 2-3 years.
Tech that came to look at it said, buy cheapest top load and they will last longer than any one of the "fancy" ones.

the_white_shadow said:
I have one of the heavy duty top load maytag units and it does a great job getting the dirt/grease/stuff off my clothes.

X2

We went to the old school appliance store in town "Appliance Mart" and bought what the owner suggested.

He said Maytags are the only ones they don't have to work on (or hardly ever)

We used to own an appliance store. fridgedaire is all anyone in my family has ever owned. I'm going on 13 years on my washer and dyer. I've had to replace a couple parts on the dryer, but washer has been solid. The simpler ones are super easy to work on. I can't believe people pay to have them serviced.

My mom had maytag front loaders and they prob lasted close to 15 years, my step dad bought em when they first came out and they were great units, I had a set of whirlpool front loaders that I hated, couldn't put much in washer or it leak on floor and dryer broke several times, finally after about 7 years washer blew apart and I only washed 3 loads a week, so they were junk, I replaced em with samchong and 6 months later I gave em to my mom after I bought a new house and she needed em more than me, time will tell on quality cause she does a lot of laundry

I wouldn't buy a GE either. We bought all new ge appliances when we bought out house 7 years ago. And we've already replaced the washer, dishwasher, and the microwave, and fridge needs replaced.
You couldn't chase me far enough to give me a GE anything.

Everything is so cheap ass made now, I remember back when washers, dyers, fridges etc. use to last 20-30 years, so much extra high tech garbage on **** now, just keeps things tore up.