• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dual cases rvt?

Dubshot

Does anybody use rvt or anything when putting the duals together? I put mine together and used none, before I fill it I would like to know if im an idiot.. I put it on the trans and everything so do I need to pull it apart?

Yes, you need silicone between the cases and adapter, and trans....or you leak like a mofo...use The Right Stuff if you want a sure seal---just make sure it's all clean and dry before applying...

No i used the paper gaskets but there was no rvt on any part of it so I just did the same thing. i used the trail gear provided ones. Damn that sucks i gotta pull it all back apart.. I even searched to see if anybody was doing that and found nothing well I guess back apart it comes..

If you have gaskets in there, theoretically you could leave it...but from a little research...the aftermarket gaskt suck...I'd remove the gaskets altogether and use a good quality silicone....

I read that the toyota and trail gear gaskets were the best and nowhere did I find to use silicone. Thats why I brought this up to you guys..

The right stuff is great. If you have some regular black silicone put some of that on let it set up and then bolt it together. Ull never have to worry about it leaking again:awesomework:

I used the supplied paper gaskets and some toyota red f.i.p.g.
so far so good.

yeah i was hoping i didnt have to pull it all apart again but it appears that i have to.. I just got off the phone with trail gear and they are claiming its better to use permatex but I should be fine and it should not leak..

Last edited:
So I filled the cases and so far so good. wont really know until I run it and I guess worst comes to worst I pull it all apart again and throw some 4.7's in there as well..