• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duramax diesel question

nealcj8

I am looking at a 04.5 gmc with the LLY Duramax and I was wondering if there was anybody in th Florence muscle shoals area that would be a good place to have it checked out at tomarrow

muscle shoals diesel @ wilson dam road and hwy 72 may be able to check the engine and trans out? i dont know of anyone else besides jim bishop that works on them that i would recomend.

i have a 2004.5 duramax, and anyone will tell you i put that truck through hell, dyno'd 610hp and 1070 tq. on the rear tires. i love my truck, it's the best. first thing to do is get rid of the egr.... then bypass PCV. after that, fuel her up and ride her down the road!

im located in birmingham, if you'd like for me to meet ya half way to look her over. trouble spots are fuel filter, egr and the external trans filter. keep the fuel filter and trans filter changed, and you're golden.

irondalefj80 said:
i have a 2004.5 duramax, and anyone will tell you i put that truck through hell, dyno'd 610hp and 1070 tq. on the rear tires. i love my truck, it's the best. first thing to do is get rid of the egr.... then bypass PCV. after that, fuel her up and ride her down the road!

im located in birmingham, if you'd like for me to meet ya half way to look her over. trouble spots are fuel filter, egr and the external trans filter. keep the fuel filter and trans filter changed, and you're golden.

cool thanks.

I have an 04.5 too i love it and im sure u will too, had an lb7 with 585hp and 1050ftlbs before this truck and loved it too. They are great trucks. Check the balance rates on the injectors, be sure to check for hidden codes, ones that wont throw a check engine light. And like irondalefj80 said, getting rid of the egr system is a good thing to do along with a pcv reroute.

P.R.85 said:
I have an 04.5 too i love it and im sure u will too, had an lb7 with 585hp and 1050ftlbs before this truck and loved it too. They are great trucks. Check the balance rates on the injectors, be sure to check for hidden codes, ones that wont throw a check engine light. And like irondalefj80 said, getting rid of the egr system is a good thing to do along with a pcv reroute.

Yep,

EGR block off plate, PCV re-route, full exhaust, LBZ airbox (or aftermarket). Peel out thumb.gif

Only use metal can fuel filters (Parker Racor makes all the metal can filters, regardless of what brand is painted on the outside)

Good full synthetic in the motor, regular ATF in the trans, keep filters changed.

locnrol said:
ARE YOU GETTING RID OF THE FORD 7.3?

It has been gone.

Thanks for all of the tips guys. I bought it today I think I will like it. The only thing it needs right now is a wheel bearing.