• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duramax Injectors

xjoffroad

A neighbor of mine has a 02 gmc 2500 diesel that he's thinking of selling, it has 218,000 on it. Has not had the injectors replaced because he hasn't had an issue with them. Well maintained and will sell it for under $8500.

I have done some research and it looks like GM will replace the injectors up to 250,000 and possibly 300,000 miles. I'm getting conflicting info on that. Who here has an early duramax and how much of an issue is the injectors?

I have a 89 f250 that I tow my jeep around and am thinking of upgrading to a diesel. Should I keep looking?

It also has a year time line also. and I think its over it being its a 2002.I have had 3 replaced on mine but it had 300 miles on it. Look at some of the duramax sites and they have lots of info. but i think theres some dealer/factory trained techs on here.

gm did extend the warranty on the injectors but it only lasted 7 years the 02s are out by time. and your prospect is running fine. Injectors are the problem with diesels at 200 bucks a shot each plus gaskets thats the cost of a new gas engine. hard to justify the added cost. thay are getting good life out of the dmax like the 7.3ps. you did not specify if the truck was 4wd and exteded cab or crew. if it has extra doors and 4x. the price is good just start setting injector money aside and you will have a good truck

I had the injector issue on my 03 Dmax.

I tried to get it fixed under the warranty at a dealership in Chicago.

Brought the truck home to Speedway Chev in Monroe and crash did some testing and then fixed them for free. :awesomework:

A neighbor of mine has a 02 gmc 2500 diesel that he's thinking of selling, it has 218,000 on it. Has not had the injectors replaced because he hasn't had an issue with them. Well maintained and will sell it for under $8500.

I have done some research and it looks like GM will replace the injectors up to 250,000 and possibly 300,000 miles. I'm getting conflicting info on that. Who here has an early duramax and how much of an issue is the injectors?

I have a 89 f250 that I tow my jeep around and am thinking of upgrading to a diesel. Should I keep looking?
At leass than 8.5K, I say no--just buy it...if you like the truck and it runs good otherwise...
Pm me the vin and I will verify it for ya :awesomework:
:awesomework:He'll be able to answer just about any question you may have regarding D-max injector issues!:redneck:

Pm me the vin and I will verify it for ya :awesomework:

thanks for the offer. My neighbor decided to trade it in. That being said I'm in the market for a duramax though. Is there a website I can run VIN# to see if the injectors have been replaced? or do I have to a dealership with each VIN# Im interested in?

I had the injector issue on my 03 Dmax.

I tried to get it fixed under the warranty at a dealership in Chicago.

Brought the truck home to Speedway Chev in Monroe and crash did some testing and then fixed them for free. :awesomework:

Does he work for speedway chev?

My 04 Duromax injectors have been replaced 2x due to factory defects...free due to the warranty. But I only have 104k on my rig though.