• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DURAMAX

Mr. leafspring said:
2013 Duramax installed new fuel pump, no fuel psi crank no start any help, thanks in advance :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

I'm sure this doesn't help, but they do have a recall on 2012-2013 #13420 on the fuel transfer issue. As for curing the problem, prime is probably lost, maybe a loose filter, or try undoing the positive battery post and letting the computer reset. Just throwing darts at it.

No fuel psi where to cp3 or to filter? Without a lift pump you have no pressure at the filter. Are you getting fuel out of the return line while cranking?

Do you hear the pump running? If not make sure you have GOOD power and ground to fuel pump....

Have seen several of fuel pumps changed over and over and the problem turns out to be a broken ground wire at the frame...

They can touch enough to show voltage without a load but not carry enough amps to run the pump.

CHASMAN9 said:
I'm sure this doesn't help, but they do have a recall on 2012-2013 #13420 on the fuel transfer issue. As for curing the problem, prime is probably lost, maybe a loose filter, or try undoing the positive battery post and letting the computer reset. Just throwing darts at it.

First place I would look is fuel filter probadly lost prime! Mine would do it all the time. Can't tell you how many times I pulled up on a job and parked it on a hill. Work 10-15 hrs. and come out and the truck won't start. I sold that ****ing pile of **** . Rather have a dodge with tow mirrors flipped out than another shitymax!!!! Hope I helped you

86chevota said:
First place I would look is fuel filter probadly lost prime! Mine would do it all the time. Can't tell you how many times I pulled up on a job and parked it on a hill. Work 10-15 hrs. and come out and the truck won't start. I sold that ****ing pile of **** . Rather have a dodge with tow mirrors flipped out than another shitymax!!!! Hope I helped you

If you're loosing prime at your fuel filter housing just install the 3 new O-rings and 2 primer pump seals that come in the filter head rebuild kit. They cost $20. Or... if you're as smart as this guy, ^^^^ you could just sell that POS. :wtflol:

tallnate said:
If you're loosing prime at your fuel filter housing just install the 3 new O-rings and 2 primer pump seals that come in the filter head rebuild kit. They cost $20. Or... if you're as smart as this guy, ^^^^ you could just sell that POS. :wtflol:

This is the fix for 90% of prime issues

tallnate said:

Damn Chevy dealer couldn't fix it! Did try that but it wouldn't work on my junk

If you're having prime issues with the filter or housing. Order a fass or airdog lift pump kit and then bypass the stock stuff. If it is that, that's giving you the problem. What my buddy had to do with his 08. Lmao "shittymax" hadn't heard that one.

Did you mean lift pump on the frame or Fuel pump (CP3) in the valley of the motor? If the CP3 went bad you need to replace a few other things to make it work again. Do you have a scanner so you can read the pump pressure and regulator numbers?

2013 has a CP4 pump and it is timed where a CP3 pump is not timed so if you installed new pump and didn't time it correctly that may be your problem.

Yes I meant cp4. 11 and up was a 4. Being out of time wont stop it from running. If he lost a pump and only replaced it he will need the return valve/line assembly and a high pressure regulator.

Jacksonwolf39 said:
If you're having prime issues with the filter or housing. Order a fass or airdog lift pump kit and then bypass the stock stuff. If it is that, that's giving you the problem. What my buddy had to do with his 08. Lmao "shittymax" hadn't heard that one.

Am doing my part to help give some good tech to this place!!!