• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Durhamtown ends relationship with ECORS

Jduck said:
Just curious is this normal for a venue to pay this much to a promoter? Does harlan and such places pay like this?

Durhamtown is a little different. The park is so big and there are so many riders both 4x4s and MX, etc. that there is no real feasible way to close a section off and control spectators in that section only. The logistics just don't work out very well. To make things easy on them and us, this is the route we went. Remember, $2000 may seem like a lot, but consider that insurance eats a majority of that and that we have 2-3 trips there and, including our time on site for the race, about a total of 8 days invested in it before any course marking materials, food, beer, temp help, etc. Its really not that much considering the expenses of putting it on but at that time we were willing to take a chance on breaking even to get the race happening and to work on it the following year.

Places like Harlan and others are different and all depend on the park owners, their business, and what their costs are. Some places we pay for 100% use of the facility to do what we want. Basically we rent the place and keep 100% of everything. So, its all different and we work it out according to our expenses and mold agreements to what works best for everyone involved. The one thing we always keep in mind and express to park owners is that this is, regardless of how much fun we have putting on races, is a business and it has to be profitable for us AND the owners. It would be financially fantastic to work a deal where we rent a park for $2000 and generate $100000 of revenue. However, the owner will recognize this and would likely get upset and not ask us back. We always try to work out a situation where we and the owners have a vested interest in making the race a success. When that happens, everyone wins, including the racers and we want to come back and are invited back. Some places this works out well, some, not so much, especially when one side of the party doesn't pull their weight and expect huge returns. I can tell you the absolute favorite park to work with is the Great American Park! The owner is truely vested in his park and making the event a success, wether its ECORS, a mud or rock event, or even We Rock! One thing for sure is that John will live up to his end of the deal and then some! I wish there were 5 owners like John and the GAP that we could race at as the commitment he has is second to none. Parks like this is where, when vested interests and heads come together, great things happen and its this that we love to look for and work to expand on. Everyone wins!

Ok, time to work and stop rambling! :) 8)

does anyone else think it's a little shady that this guy makes one post and hasn't been back since. seems like if I was that worried about something I would follow up.

Name: durhamtown
Position:
Date Registered: January 21, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
Last Active: January 21, 2013, 04:28:46 PM

wizzo said:
does anyone else think it's a little shady that this guy makes one post and hasn't been back since. seems like if I was that worried about something I would follow up.

Name: durhamtown
Position:
Date Registered: January 21, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
Last Active: January 21, 2013, 04:28:46 PM

That's the impression I got of Mike when we raced at Durhamtown.

Track was cool.

Facilites, staff, management, stores and other customers (flat biller dirt bike assholes) were ****. And everything was expensive as hell.

I had no interest in going back for anything other than racing on the track.

:****:

So yeah, it's pretty much up in the air if I ever go back.

But hey, I'll race wherever there is racing!

Neal3000 said:
If any of yall on here know Tuckin20 he's known Mike a long time and i remember him predicting to me at the Dtown drivers meeting last year that Mike would do this exact thing.

I spoke with Mike directly for the first time at Durhamtown ECORS Race and it didn't take long to confirm this. He just wants what ECORS has and what better way to hold one of their races to see what its all about. I understand he's in business to make money, but to him its not about the racing or the people at all.

Something about a, If you're not in this to line my pockets, get the **** out of the way attitude, doesn't sit well with me.

Latest posts