• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

e-Fan install/swap out

hwcurtice

Okay, due to some BS at the local stealership, I'm stuck with my truck until the wheels fall off or it gets totaled.

So, The next big project on it,after it gets home from having the transmission fixed... again.... is swapping out the super inefficient mechanical fan and fan clutch to put an e-fan system on the truck. People who have done this have seen an increase in horsepower and fuel economy. Both pluses in my book on this dog.

So, because I have the mechanical skills of a hamster, where do I take it that can do this in day or less? Needs to be local, Monroe area as I live in Sultan. Snohomish would be good. Maybe Everett, if it's close to the train station. If it can be done on a Saturday, that would be even better.

Input people, please. No BS needed, wanted, or desired.

What, B'ham's not close enough for ya???:haha:
Seriously tho, I though all the newer Dodges already had an electric fan...I know their counterparts do (AKA Jeeps) that use the same powertrain..

The NEW ones seem to. While I was at the stealership this weekend, I noticed the Challenger had them.

My 2006 is too old for this now standard feature which would be really nice to have.

And no, Bellingham isn't too far. Timing is a problem... I don't have a spare car after Wayne totaled his Focus....

So, make me an offer, Kevin... Realize, this needs to cover the entire radiator to include the new tranny cooler too... It really needs to suck...

Whoa....keep the sucking to yourself! :haha:
If you're looking for this to be done soon, I unfortunately can't help ya---although I sure could use the extra $ for my tranny overhaul on the fordfordford....:booo:
When I say newer, I was referring to rigs in the early 2000's ('02 and newer...); surprised to hear yours doesn't already have an electric cooling fan...but then again, Dodge may have had an assload of extra N.O.S. parts they needed to unload, who knows! If you can't find anyone local to handle it, let me know, and I'll try and work somethin' out....:awesomework:

The only other 'Free lancer' I know is Mikey, but he's up to his eyeballs in work already, from his build ups...

I think they, Dodge, built their Dakota's on the cheap. No wonder they're dropping them for Honda Ridgeline style trucks this next year...

Who knows, maybe they're going to buy them from Honda too... That might be an improvement...

Can you tell I'm really down on Dodge this year?

I know of a few good shops around Monroe that wont rob ya although I know they are all packed busy right now (just that time of year), but as far as freelance I'm no help there. :booo:

I know of a few good shops around Monroe that wont rob ya although I know they are all packed busy right now (just that time of year), but as far as freelance I'm no help there. :booo:

But you didn't say where.... Be a name dropper. What the worse thing that could happen?

So, on this note, what can anyone tell me about Craig's Automotive Repair in Snohomish?

Can they do this? Are they any good?

Or are they just a repair shop?