• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Easy" drive thru the woods in Liberty

TB-F

So we headed out for a little trip to Liberty on Sunday. This time we were aiming for the west side of the highway up to winch hill/Greeny's trail.
Right off the bat we left 20 min late due to my co-pilot and owner of the green beast being late (and frign hammred from the night before still:rolleyes: ) After hitin I90 and cresting the pass I got as call from Wingnut telling me that there was smoke billowing from my trailer. Discovred smoked (literly) wheel berings on drivers side rear axle on my not even 1 year old trailer:mad: :mad: We chained the axle up, removed the tire and kept going....albeit slower. Wheelin was fun, usual easy Liberty stuff untill we hit Greeny's trail:D then it becomes more like Rimrock with super tight trees and some good hills. Unfortunatly Deano' broke the input shaft to his t-case in the mudhole leaving him with 0 wheel drive and one long steep hill to go. After a long winchfest to get dean out Carl tryed pulling him but it wasnt hapening. Even with the heaviest rig in the group and LS6 power. After a few tries Carl tied to me and Dean tied to Carl and we trained it out of the trail and the long road back to the trailers. Despite worthless passed out co-pilots, broken rigs and trailers and a few flops (all by me:D ) It was still a great day of wheelin, because hey, any day on the trail is better than work right?

Day not starting off so well... tripod trailer:redneck:

100_0419.jpg

Poser.

100_0402.jpg

Got bored waiting for Carl to fix a exhaust leak. So I played flop the toyota:D

100_0403.jpg

On Greeny's trail we came to this mud hole to small hill. Not as easy as I thought... Only one of us made it without winching.

100_0404.jpg

Wingnut:haha:
100_0405.jpg

Hicks

100_0408.jpg

Hmmmm... mabey it dosnt look so easy..

100_0410.jpg

After Dean's breakage in the mud we saw this for quite a while.

100_0412.jpg

100_0413.jpg

Me and Carl formed a train to drag Dean the rest of the way off the trail. Purdy surprising what adding a lil toy will do:D

100_0416.jpg

Only one of us to make the mud hole. Course, he does have more horsepower than all our toys combined...

TB-F

Where the hell is Greenys Trail(number?)? I recognize the shot of Cle-elum, but where in the hell did you find mud like that??????? I ran most of those trails (on the westside of 97) a few weeks ago, and ran into only a mud hole or two about the size of a bathtub was it.:corn:

Where the hell is Greenys Trail(number?)? I recognize the shot of Cle-elum, but where in the hell did you find mud like that??????? I ran most of those trails (on the westside of 97) a few weeks ago, and ran into only a mud hole or two about the size of a bathtub was it.:corn:

The shot of Cle-Elum was taken off a dead-end trail off of 324?

sure did have fun...Thanx for the pic,s
On the way home I blew off the turbo boot before the intercooler this time(last time it was after the intercooler)Damn spring clamp:puke: I'm going to change those out for the stainless hose and band clamps.
Simple fix, back on the road in less than 5 min.
Not sure if i'll go home hiway2 again,prefer the 70mph,wide lanes and not so freaking twisty.