• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

King of the Hammers (KOH) 2022

Winner winner chicken dinner. Of course there were 4 Gomez and 1 other UFO car they own racing so ya had a 5% chance of getting that right :)
Those Gomez boys have been so close so many times there were due one.

This years race was the most entertaining for me as an internet fan. Raul's pass in the rocks twice for 1st over Scherer had me cheering.

Good to see Wayes and Schofield finish strong after last years event.

Those Gomez boys have been so close so many times there were due one.

This years race was the most entertaining for me as an internet fan. Raul's pass in the rocks twice for 1st over Scherer had me cheering.

Good to see Wayes and Schofield finish strong after last years event.
Very true on the Gomez Brothers and entertainment too. Was glad to see James and Tom finish too.

13FD1FCF-4039-4407-92A7-7600E5996C4A.png
A8DAE5C1-6A6D-44C3-8699-CD75678BD395.png

Doesn't surprise me a bit, Slow Joe has a soft spot for crackheads

Attachments

• 581FE8F2-0E05-4C7B-B533-55A2E8E35D6A.jpeg
    581FE8F2-0E05-4C7B-B533-55A2E8E35D6A.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 124
Giving the crack pipes out during Black History Month and no liberals are complaining. Can you imagine if Trump did that? The idiot liberal heads would be exploding.
Giving the crack pipes out during Black History Month and no liberals are complaining. Can you imagine if Trump did that? The idiot liberal heads would be exploding.
China's, glass pipe division already on it for the mid terms,sponsored by Moderna,Pfizer, an Johnson

It's, I'm 48 years old and don't understand how its came to this
I wonder "how did we even get here" just about daily.

Their heads would spin if Trump did that just like their heads would spin with Vax Mandates and Vax Passports if Trump had proposed those.

Followed by the "War on Drugs" has somehow transferred to free crack pipes.

Doesn't surprise me a bit, Slow Joe has a soft spot for crackheads
Sad but true there.

We can move any political topics to another thread but just wanted to share some funny KOH related tweets.

Last edited:
It's, I'm 48 years old and don't understand how its came to this
What surprises me is how it's been tolerated this long. The things they're trying to implement and their methods for selling their ideals are nothing new. The soviets did the same thing during the end of the Russian empire and the rise of soviet Russia. Divide and conquer, plain and simple. Demonize anyone who is financially better off than yourself, they got that way by stealing it from someone. These folks were called "kulaks", they were any post Russian empire peasant who was a successful farmer who owned 8 acres of land. These folks were the primary source of food for the Russians. Ultimately they were shipped to Siberia, the children died of typhoid, most froze to death and because of their absence famine set in and 6 million Ukrainians died. Blur the lines between genders, everyone is equal, women shouldn't be shackled to being "stuck" raising their children, let the government raise your children, the "young pioneers" was what the cult was called (why do you think they push hard for all this pre-k care?). I could go on for days but let's put it this way, when government gets too big it leads to bad things. The soviets failed because they couldn't figure out how much to charge for a loaf of bread, price it too low and they're will be a shortage, too high and it will mold on the shelf... That's what happens when you take capitalism out of the equation

Little recap. I'll hit the high spots.

Cody and I left Monday Jan 24th 6am EST. We arrived Tuesday at about 2pm commyfornia time. Drove straight through. I got set up and ready to start shock tuning, repairing, servicing, whatever folks threw at us with Phil Licciardi. Phil and I hit the ground running Wednesday through Sunday. While I was working with Phil, Cody got the buggy tech'd and did some pre-running with the WOD crew (Adam, Jason, Porterfield, McVey, Totterdale, etc.)

Monday Jan 31st, Cody and I took the buggy out and did a lot of lap 1. I think we ran about 50 of the 80 ish miles. Cody has made quite a few suspension changes in the off season. All worked out VERY well for us. The buggy flat out works in the whoops. We could run 60-70 mph through some decent sized stuff. We felt good about that. Cody had also stepped up the engine with some BTR heads, intake, etc parts to compliment the 408 stroker bottom end. The short block was solid but things were being choked down by lack of air flow with the stock ish heads. After the changes, he picked up 115 hp to the ground with the 40 nittos. Pretty solid increase IMO.

We qualified Wednesday. That morning we were able to get on the qualifying course and pre run. We felt good about our lines. Cody typically qualifies pretty well. We ran our lines and hit the marks ended up 47th. We were good with that TBH. Mid pack, not far off most of the heavy hitters. We pushed hard but not break neck, tear the buggy up pace. We just don't have the funding to do what some of these guys are doing, so gotta keep that in mind.

We bolt checked the buggy Thurs/ Fri. We were confident in the work that had been done and the prep on the buggy.

Race day. We lined up and hammered down. The first section was rough and all chewed up from the trophy trucks, so we ran a solid pace, passed maybe 1 racer and didn't get passed. Hit turkey claw and racers were already dropping, passed those broke rigs and kept trucking. Got out into the desert, passed a couple folks already having issues and held a good fast pace. Between Turkey claw and spooners?, we got passed by a gomez UFO and Von Gitten Jr. That was about it. Passed through remote pit 1 both ways in and out and didn't need to stop. More desert to main pit and everything was smooth sailing. Took a little more fuel in main than we had anticipated but lap 1 was the longest and most desert. We figured we'd be fine for laps 2 and 3 fuel wise. We had some fuel stashed at remote pit 2 if we needed it. Lap 2 was going good until we dropped into outer limits. We got hung in a spot and rather than kill the buggy, I jumped out to winch. I looked down when I got to the winch and seen a 1480 super joint cap laying in the sand......... passenger side front had spit a cap. It had been tig'd on........... at this point, I knew we had big problems. We could get spares at a pit but getting back there through a bunch of rock trails was gonna be less than ideal. I got him off where we were hung and stayed out while we moved through some more rocks. Unfortunately, the driver side suffered the same failure pretty soon after. All the shafts were 40 spline 300m. Once the drivers side let go, I knew we were done. It would be almost impossible to make the remaining rock trails in two wheel drive and back to a pit. At that point we decided to work our way down to the bottom of the trail, staying out of the way for everyone else best we could. Passing a number of other broken rigs as we went. Jason Scherer came around us at one point. Fortunately he was calm and cool. I spotted a line for him and he launched down a pretty good ledge and took off. Probably one of the cooler things I had ever seen. We eased our way back to Hammertown and called it a day.

We have sights set on the east coast U4 series along with a few other east coast races this year. We'll see how it goes but we have pretty high expectations for ourselves.

Little recap. I'll hit the high spots.

Cody and I left Monday Jan 24th 6am EST. We arrived Tuesday at about 2pm commyfornia time. Drove straight through. I got set up and ready to start shock tuning, repairing, servicing, whatever folks threw at us with Phil Licciardi. Phil and I hit the ground running Wednesday through Sunday. While I was working with Phil, Cody got the buggy tech'd and did some pre-running with the WOD crew (Adam, Jason, Porterfield, McVey, Totterdale, etc.)

Monday Jan 31st, Cody and I took the buggy out and did a lot of lap 1. I think we ran about 50 of the 80 ish miles. Cody has made quite a few suspension changes in the off season. All worked out VERY well for us. The buggy flat out works in the whoops. We could run 60-70 mph through some decent sized stuff. We felt good about that. Cody had also stepped up the engine with some BTR heads, intake, etc parts to compliment the 408 stroker bottom end. The short block was solid but things were being choked down by lack of air flow with the stock ish heads. After the changes, he picked up 115 hp to the ground with the 40 nittos. Pretty solid increase IMO.

We qualified Wednesday. That morning we were able to get on the qualifying course and pre run. We felt good about our lines. Cody typically qualifies pretty well. We ran our lines and hit the marks ended up 47th. We were good with that TBH. Mid pack, not far off most of the heavy hitters. We pushed hard but not break neck, tear the buggy up pace. We just don't have the funding to do what some of these guys are doing, so gotta keep that in mind.

We bolt checked the buggy Thurs/ Fri. We were confident in the work that had been done and the prep on the buggy.

Race day. We lined up and hammered down. The first section was rough and all chewed up from the trophy trucks, so we ran a solid pace, passed maybe 1 racer and didn't get passed. Hit turkey claw and racers were already dropping, passed those broke rigs and kept trucking. Got out into the desert, passed a couple folks already having issues and held a good fast pace. Between Turkey claw and spooners?, we got passed by a gomez UFO and Von Gitten Jr. That was about it. Passed through remote pit 1 both ways in and out and didn't need to stop. More desert to main pit and everything was smooth sailing. Took a little more fuel in main than we had anticipated but lap 1 was the longest and most desert. We figured we'd be fine for laps 2 and 3 fuel wise. We had some fuel stashed at remote pit 2 if we needed it. Lap 2 was going good until we dropped into outer limits. We got hung in a spot and rather than kill the buggy, I jumped out to winch. I looked down when I got to the winch and seen a 1480 super joint cap laying in the sand......... passenger side front had spit a cap. It had been tig'd on........... at this point, I knew we had big problems. We could get spares at a pit but getting back there through a bunch of rock trails was gonna be less than ideal. I got him off where we were hung and stayed out while we moved through some more rocks. Unfortunately, the driver side suffered the same failure pretty soon after. All the shafts were 40 spline 300m. Once the drivers side let go, I knew we were done. It would be almost impossible to make the remaining rock trails in two wheel drive and back to a pit. At that point we decided to work our way down to the bottom of the trail, staying out of the way for everyone else best we could. Passing a number of other broken rigs as we went. Jason Scherer came around us at one point. Fortunately he was calm and cool. I spotted a line for him and he launched down a pretty good ledge and took off. Probably one of the cooler things I had ever seen. We eased our way back to Hammertown and called it a day.

We have sights set on the east coast U4 series along with a few other east coast races this year. We'll see how it goes but we have pretty high expectations for ourselves.
Nice recap and will probably see y'all at the KY and TN races.

16 days after the Checkered flag dropped, Ultra4 finally has results posted for the 2022 Hammers races: :****:

They found some issues with trackers, scoring, lap times, course cutting, etc (aka the usual for U4 it seems), so decided to do a full audit of every racer for every lap. Had some changes in each class, but I believe that the Top 3 finishers for each class stayed the same.

Slight undersell of the issues?

None of these issues are new, usac finally did a legit audit like should've been done in the past. All it shuffled up was the mid pack people. All the podium and top 5-10 basically stayed the same. So not sure what all the hype is.

None of these issues are new, usac finally did a legit audit like should've been done in the past. All it shuffled up was the mid pack people. All the podium and top 5-10 basically stayed the same. So not sure what all the hype is.
Totally agree on it not being a new issue and glad they did an audit. Definitely got lots of hype for not that many changes overall.

While I can't imagine having to keep track of so many different racers with so many different variables (start/finish times, speeding penalties, course deviations, total mileage, VCP's, etc) it's still crazy that Ultra4 has so many timing related issues after all these years.

Latest posts