• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EB Customs "JK6"

1TONTJ

Amateur Hardcore
Started on my new build the first of this year and just wanted to share with you guys.

This build was initially going to be a JK trail rig with a narrowed body but once I got the tub in the shop, it seemed easier to just cut the outer skins off and build a new chassis to fit them.

I ended up not liking the look of the 4 door so I welded up the opening and replaced the rear buckets with a bench seat. This made it look sort of like a CJ6.....hence the name "JK6".

Nothing groundbreaking, over the top or high zoot about this project, just a simple trail rig with tried and true parts. Although there is some go fast parts in it.

LS1
TH350
Atlas w/ 4 speed Strong Box
HP 60 front
14 Bolt rear
Fox Coilovers and Bypass shocks
20" Trail Ready wheels
43" SX Stickies
Corbeau seats
Warn Zeon winch
etc...etc....

Started with this:

To this:

To this:

Y'all do some awesome builds. I got to ride with a buggy you all built for awhile. I always said if I another built I would try to afford you all. Put thoughts into the maint and upkeep as well as quality built. I like it thumb.gif

mcutler said:
Always enjoy your builds, keep it coming.
Pineygroveoffroad said:
Man I love the looks of the jeep buggies you build! Nice work man!
smbroady82 said:
civicmindedex79 said:
Y'all do some awesome builds. I got to ride with a buggy you all built for awhile. I always said if I another built I would try to afford you all. Put thoughts into the maint and upkeep as well as quality built. I like it thumb.gif
The Luke said:
Man that is sick. I love the lines on that thing. Well done

Thanks guys! I'll keep posting as progress continues....which is my normal slow pace. laughing1

I read nothing over the top then scrolled down and boom! **** looks real good

whiskeymakin said:
Progress from red to white went well ;D
Nice!
Yeah looks like about 8 inches under the doors is original. I guess that's the only thing worth keeping on a jeep. :rolf:

First reading this hoping for a JK version of Gin & Juice...

This thing turned into a badass buggy though... Really love the 20s. Will make stepping to bigger tires easy.

The buggy looks very thought out and stupidly capable. On a side note, I really like how you did the interior walls of your shop, which I will be copying for my garage in the new house.

Going to be a killer looking machine as usual I have no doubt. Keep the build pics coming.

Bad ass build. At what point do you even need the jeep. For the logo? But seriously. Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks again or all the compliments guys, I appreciate it!

BUG-E J said:
Yeah looks like about 8 inches under the doors is original. I guess that's the only thing worth keeping on a jeep. :rolf:

cbrjeeper said:
Bad ass build. At what point do you even need the jeep. For the logo? But seriously. Very nice!

I know, right? In the end, the only thing left from the Jeep was the outer sheet metal skins. You can probably buy those pieces separately. Had I known this was the direction I was headed, I would have done just that and not wasted money on the 4 door tub. Hell, the logo on the rear was cut out of an old CJ tailgate that was rusting away in a field. Oh, and there's only 2" below the door openings left.... laughing1

Re: Re: EB Customs "JK6"

1TONTJ said:
Thanks again or all the compliments guys, I appreciate it!

I know, right? In the end, the only thing left from the Jeep was the outer sheet metal skins. You can probably buy those pieces separately. Had I known this was the direction I was headed, I would have done just that and not wasted money on the 4 door tub. Hell, the logo on the rear was cut out of an old CJ tailgate that was rusting away in a field. Oh, and there's only 2" below the door openings left.... laughing1
Exactly how the manche ended up. Nothing but exterior sheetmetal... and very little of that, used in the end.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts