• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe, the weekend of the 21st.

Just got back from a short run up there. ran a lot of trails and it's mostly dry. even ran busywild and my YJ isn't built up a lot. didn't have to pull cable or use a tow strap. it was a lot of fun though and had a great time.

Just got back from a short run up there. ran a lot of trails and it's mostly dry. even ran busywild and my YJ isn't built up a lot. didn't have to pull cable or use a tow strap. it was a lot of fun though and had a great time.

Trip was planned months ago...hoped for rain. Didnt happen, not gonna let it stop us though

Was dry, hot and a HELL of a fun trip.... Got up Friday and wheeled until late Sunday. Had a few breaks, nothing serious and more body damage then I would have thought....

Few pictures...

Attachments

• DSCN0249.jpg
    DSCN0249.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN0256.jpg
    DSCN0256.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN0270.jpg
    DSCN0270.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN0278.jpg
    DSCN0278.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 198
And one video....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RoZ0MPn1JOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best part of running Elbe in the summer is, you can hit everything in a weekend. So that's what we did. The log crawl was cool, did not personally hit it but was definitely fun to watch. The busy, as dry as it was, still fought back......see picture....

Attachments

• DSCN0288.jpg
    DSCN0288.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN0290.jpg
    DSCN0290.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 182
Ran pretty much the entire Elbe trail system today, started at 9:30 +/-, and finished around 2:30. Everything was dry, good traction.

There is a blockage on Hwy 7, which detours thru Eatonville, and adds a probably 10 minutes to the drive time. Easy detour, just follow the signs.

I had no damage, no scratched, no dents, no nothing. My buddy, Bill, destroyed a 37 Irok, and later on smashed his windshield frame, busting the glass. It's pretty much toast.

Was amazed how DRY the Busywild was. Not even a hint of mud.

The Rainier Vista trail was interesting. Much easier than I had anticipated, there was a rock pile, with an easy bypass to the far left, an intermediate route thru the left/center side of the rock pile, and a harder looking route thru the right side of the pile, which in theory, I guess could roll you down into the trees??, Anyhow, we took the 'hard' line thru the right side, and really didn't have any issues, just kinda cruised thru. There's also a little hill climb with some boulders, but it was super easy. And, at the top, back up by the road, was a rock garden trail.

The campground looked to be in nice shape, clean and cared for.

The Vista area at the top was a trash pile, garbage littered about. We clean up a BUNCH of shot up beer, soda, milk jugs and whatnot.

Forgot my camera. So no pics.

Drove my red YJ on 37s, in case anyone saw me.

edit: Did not run the log pile mentioned earlier. Is that the field with stump in it below the campground?

edit: Not sure how that YJ got the smashed rear quarter, cause I didn't see anything that would have caused damage.

Last edited:
Ran pretty much the entire Elbe trail system today, started at 9:30 +/-, and finished around 2:30. Everything was dry, good traction.

There is a blockage on Hwy 7, which detours thru Eatonville, and adds a probably 10 minutes to the drive time. Easy detour, just follow the signs.

I had no damage, no scratched, no dents, no nothing. My buddy, Bill, destroyed a 37 Irok, and later on smashed his windshield frame, busting the glass. It's pretty much toast.

The Rainier Vista trail was interesting. Much easier than I had anticipated, there was a rock pile, with an easy bypass to the far left, an intermediate route thru the left/center side of the rock pile, and a harder looking route thru the right side of the pile, which in theory, I guess could roll you down into the trees??, Anyhow, we took the 'hard' line thru the right side, and really didn't have any issues, just kinda cruised thru. There's also a little hill climb with some boulders, but it was super easy. And, at the top, back up by the road, was a rock garden trail.

The Vista area at the top was a trash pile, garbage littered about. We clean up a BUNCH of shot up beer, soda, milk jugs and whatnot.

edit: Did not run the log pile mentioned earlier. Is that the field with stump in it below the campground?

edit: Not sure how that YJ got the smashed rear quarter, cause I didn't see anything that would have caused damage.

The log crawl is on the gotcha.

You missed a bunch of good stuff!! Send me a PM next time you are out this way. Ill show you around Elbe a little better!!:awesomework:

Glad you had a good time!!

The log crawl is on the gotcha.

We skipped the Gotcha, as the map at the campground said it was an Easy trail, suitable for 31 to 33 inch tall tires. Whodathunk it'd have the log crawl on it?

We skipped the Sunrise trail, instead taking the Mainline to the Busywild, running the Busy conventionally (should have gone backwards). Took the Busy thru back to the Mainline, then Alder Loop, to the Extension and back to the 9 Rd. Then went back to camp and looked at map. Saw the Vista trail was supposed to be tough, so went to run it. Missed the entrance, so ran it backwards, turned around and ran it normal.

You missed a bunch of good stuff!! Send me a PM next time you are out this way. Ill show you around Elbe a little better!!:awesomework:

Glad you had a good time!!

Will do.

We skipped the Gotcha, as the map at the campground said it was an Easy trail, suitable for 31 to 33 inch tall tires. Whodathunk it'd have the log crawl on it?

It has lots of room off to the side for our "improvements" :redneck:. It's also easy to get broken junk off of when people have a little too much fun on the log crawl.

Also the maps are all pretty old.

We skipped the Sunrise trail, instead taking the Mainline to the Busywild, running the Busy conventionally (should have gone backwards). Took the Busy thru back to the Mainline, then Alder Loop, to the Extension and back to the 9 Rd. Then went back to camp and looked at map. Saw the Vista trail was supposed to be tough, so went to run it. Missed the entrance, so ran it backwards, turned around and ran it normal.

Will do.

Well Elbe hid the good stuff from "non" regulars again! The rock garden trail at the end of vista before the pit/lookout is a COMPLETELY different monster as soon as it gets wet. In a month it will be covered in mud and wet.

Well Elbe hid the good stuff from "non" regulars again! The rock garden trail at the end of vista before the pit/lookout is a COMPLETELY different monster as soon as it gets wet. In a month it will be covered in mud and wet.

It's been probably four years or so, since I've been there.

I guess the whole area is different when wet. It's been an abnormally warm / dry season.

Here's to the rainy season approaching :cheer:

The rear damage was pure bad luck, hanging root on the busy got wedged between theroll bar and body. Ripped it open like a tin can.