• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric Fan Switch ?

longfield

My electric fan switch controller keeps going out.I don't think i'm getting it wet maybe a little when i wash it. It's a Black Magic switch, is there a better one or what.
Thanks

I run a spal fan and their std wiring kit. It has working flawlessly in 2 different rigs for 4 years of wheeling. Their senders are available in 2 different heat ranges as well...Maybee the spal sender would be a easy retrofit to your set-up, Depending on how its set-up.

I had the same issues and then switched over to a painless type setup that uses a probe in the manifold and no more problems. It also keeps the temp more even since its reading the actual engine temp and not the radiators.

I had the same issues and then switched over to a painless type setup that uses a probe in the manifold and no more problems. It also keeps the temp more even since its reading the actual engine temp and not the radiators.

So in the block instead of the Radiator. My promble is the ajusting switch not the prob. Is the switch in the other set up different?
Thanks Guys

Does your system use a relay? If not then installing a relay and wiring it properly would most likely solve your problems.

I just used a fixed 180* thermo switch to actuate a 85A continuous duty solenoid ($39.99 at West Marine but I am sure you can find one cheaper at NAPA). I got tired of the relays melting on the thermoswitches from the high startup current of the Taurus fans. No more issues.