• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

electric line locks

pokey

just me
Ok so both of my line locks are keeping the calipers from releasing (4 wheel disc brakes)and yes I turned them off. Any ideas on why they wont let the preasure back through when the brakes are released. They were both plumbed and wired correctly:mad: Had to take them both out of the system just to get it out of the shop today.

They didn't get left on for any length of time did they? If so, I have seen them burn up, keeping them in the locked position.
Also could just be stuck from corrosion from sitting soooooooo long!:fawkdancesmiley:

Ha,ha,ha. Common problem. POS.. throw them away unless you are using them for burnouts at the drag strip.

I have seen them total one rig and scare the wife of the owner out of 10 years of her life.

get a 1/4 ball valve at the hardware store and plumb it in.

They didn't get left on for any length of time did they? If so, I have seen them burn up, keeping them in the locked position.
Also could just be stuck from corrosion from sitting soooooooo long!:fawkdancesmiley:

Didnt leave them on for long but yea they have been around for a while. I got them from another guy who had them on a rig he parted out. Dosent look like they can be taken apart and cleaned either.

Ha,ha,ha. Common problem. POS.. throw them away unless you are using them for burnouts at the drag strip.

I have seen them total one rig and scare the wife of the owner out of 10 years of her life.

get a 1/4 ball valve at the hardware store and plumb it in.

I had a mech one on the old rig never any issues but I would never leave the rig in a position where it was going to go anywhere if it failed. Mostly just use them for winching or as a hill holder with the clutch.

Pokey,

I've had multiple line locks, on multiple rigs. Never had your failure. The non-Hurst manufactured ones had a tendency to burn up, and I warranteed a couple, before I switched to Hurst. That one was on my CJ for 10 years, and, as far as I know is still working good. The one on my YJ has been there since '03 or so, and is still in good operational condition.

T

Pokey,

I've had multiple line locks, on multiple rigs. Never had your failure. The non-Hurst manufactured ones had a tendency to burn up, and I warranteed a couple, before I switched to Hurst. That one was on my CJ for 10 years, and, as far as I know is still working good. The one on my YJ has been there since '03 or so, and is still in good operational condition.

T

Yea I think I am just going to order up a new one (hurst) these dont even have a brand on them and they dont look like the can be serviced at all.

Are you sure the line locks did it and not the residual pressure valve in the MC?.....I've had the same electric line locks for about 10 years with no issues. I don't use them much these days though.....

I have had line locks on my rig for like 5 years--work great..

Sounds like its a mechanical problem internally on the line locks..

Years back I had parked my rig in a really bad area and decided to leave the line lock (Hurst) on while I was away. I was gone about 1-1/2 hours. When I got back I flipped the lock off and it wouldn't release. I checked everything and found that the momentary switch was stuck. I had an on/off and a momentary (like stock line lock) so I could use it as a hill holder or parking.

I ended up taking the momentary switch apart and cleaning it. It worked great ever after.