• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer question

stano

So, I'm looking for a new job trailer. I have talked to several local places about what I'm wanting. I have a few specific things I have to have but the biggie is 8'6" w x 16'l. The dude today told me they won't build them any shorter then double the length. He said it makes them track weird. I have talked to several other mfg and this is the first I have heard of it. I can't go longer because I'm a remodel contractor and I can't get a bigger trailer in some of these driveways.

Question: any body else heard of the not shorter than double the width causing tracking problems? If he's right, I dont want to buy a trailer from somebody else who will build something I might hate later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Doesn't make sense. I wouldn't get that guy to build me a lawnmower trailer.

Dad has a 7x12 that's been pulled to Saskatchewan multiple times, so that guy's math is bogus

Re:

TBItoy said:
Doesn't make sense. I wouldn't get that guy to build me a lawnmower trailer.

Dad has a 7x12 that's been pulled to Saskatchewan multiple times, so that guy's math is bogus

Exactly I've used a 6x10 many times for many miles and never had any issues

K. I'm not the o my one that didn't make sense too, good. The trailer guru is supposed to call me back, I'm guessing the dude I had on the phone was mixed up about something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the wheelbase is set right, as in axles behind the COG, he should be OK no matter the width. We get a lot of people who buy the Home Depot trailers, they come in wondering why their trailer is swaying them into the ditch and across the double yellow. When you disconnect the trailer and you can lift the tongue with two fingers, that's bad. Then they raise hell over a $400 bill when we move the axle back a foot.