• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek issues

No--they will CLOSE it down.

Too late, they are closing it down. Two entrances have been closed and the one remaining entrance is getting a gate that will be closed most of the year because of rain, snow and a migratory nesting bird. When it is open, the trails will be doable in 2wd and most modified 4x4 vehicles will be illegal to be on the ORV trail system.

And this is happening with the involvement of clubs, associations and volunteers. Basically the USFS is pushing the public off public lands.

Too late, they are closing it down. Two entrances have been closed and the one remaining entrance is getting a gate that will be closed most of the year because of rain, snow and a migratory nesting bird. When it is open, the trails will be doable in 2wd and most modified 4x4 vehicles will be illegal to be on the ORV trail system.

And this is happening with the involvement of clubs, associations and volunteers. Basically the USFS is pushing the public off public lands.

Its getting real hard to take anything you say seriously anymore. For a person that attends these meetings you sure dont hear whats being said very well. Its either that or your just trying to get people worked up with mis information.:eeek:

The gate at the entrance is to be closed from dec 15th to march 15th thats 3 months hardly "most of the year" :rolleyes: There are "some" trails that "may" see a temporary closuer due to runnoff issues. If we dont want this to happen then we need to make sure the runnoff issues are taken care of promptly and correctly.

Threat time: I'm going ride your ass if you keep doing this.:hi:

You are in a position to help. Learn how to do that.

I'd be glad to help.:awesomework:

The gate at the entrance is to be closed from dec 15th to march 15th thats 3 months hardly "most of the year" :rolleyes: There are "some" trails that "may" see a temporary closuer due to runnoff issues.

Correct...Evan's is guaranteed to be closed for 3 months out of the year, but remember that the 3 months before the closure & the 3 months after the closure...the shoulder seasons as Bob put it...are subject to closures based on conditions.

Bob didn't seem to be too worried about over the snow travel...he said it was during the wet shoulder seasons that the damage occurred. So...potentially the system or part of it could be closed for 9 months out of the year.

Realistically, that probably won't happen but it would be within their right to do so...according to the rules.

A lot of people only wheel Evan's when there's snow, so that would mean it's closed for those people's choice of recreation... Not trying to start ****, but the snow wheeling is a big part of Evan's for some...

I agree and I have been trying my damndest to get that thru to them. Maybe after it happens this winter they will understand the cause and effect that I have been trying to get them to understand.

Has anyone spoke with the local business owners in the area? I support the Chevron EVERY time I am in Burnett, also some of the other local shops. I gave them the map and a brief description of the goings on at Evans. Needless to say, they were less than pleased when they figured out this would make doing business a bit harder. Regardless as to if they enforce width restrictions or not, word on the street will scare people away. I hope the FS has a prepared statement for those small businesses.

the forest service doesnt give a damn bout the local business, that being said iam not talking about the local forest service officials, Ian, Bob or others, but as a whole their hands are tied as far as eco crap goes. thats my two cents anyways

Its getting real hard to take anything you say seriously anymore. For a person that attends these meetings you sure dont hear whats being said very well. Its either that or your just trying to get people worked up with mis information.:eeek:

The gate at the entrance is to be closed from dec 15th to march 15th thats 3 months hardly "most of the year" :rolleyes: There are "some" trails that "may" see a temporary closuer due to runnoff issues. If we dont want this to happen then we need to make sure the runnoff issues are taken care of promptly and correctly.

The roads at Evans are where my freinds and I go snow wheeling. So being closed December 15th to March 15th is a pretty big deal to us since most of our vehicles are no longer allowed on the trails the rest of the year.

Threat time: I'm going ride your ass if you keep doing this.:hi:

You are in a position to help. Learn how to do that.

I'd be glad to help.:awesomework:

Have you attended any bi-monthly Evans meetings? Have you been to any fun runs or work parties at Evans Creek this year or last year? What are you glad to help with, useless posts? What I post is my opinion and interpretation of what I see going on, if you dont like it, put me on your ignore list.

:corn:

Have you attended any bi-monthly Evans meetings? No. Have you been to any fun runs or work parties at Evans Creek this year or last year? No. What are you glad to help with, useless posts? Your poor attitude and and continuous giving of mis-information What I post is my opinion and interpretation of what I see going on, if you dont like it, put me on your ignore list. I will continue to respond to your posts.

:corn:

:awesomework:

I have a poor attitude on this issue because I feel like I am losing another place to go wheeling.

Thank Horus and well said. And just so u know crash no im not bitchin The truth b it, There will b trails. Close what u want but when your back door is woods, **** it. U wheel out the back door. Is everything gated? My dd will make it happen if they want to just keep taking. I just want our land and trails back and the more they restrict the more every one will take.

And just so u know crash no im not bitchin......

I have found that folks that accuse others of "bitching" are actually to ignorant to give a thoughtful, understanding and respectful response. So instead they say "you're bitching" in order to separate you from the conversation. It's a cop out.....and a pathetic one at that.:rolleyes:

We that know you (supsa), know that you are frustrated (along with many others) and this is an outlet for that frustration.

"Bitch" away, I say.:;:awesomework:

Latest posts