• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek Opener

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Gate will be open at midnight.

Meeting at the gate at 1130 pm Saturday night.

We will need chainsaws.

There will still be snow, so come prepared.

Winch and lockers advised.

<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=32399" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=32399" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;"></a></div>

Yes. He put it out in the meeting. Gavin and I both will follow up with him a few days in advance to make sure the gate is still going to be open.

Has anyone been up to the Y to see is it's clear to park tow rigs & trailers? or is there some where's lower to unload & park?

Has anyone been up to the Y to see is it's clear to park tow rigs & trailers? or is there some where's lower to unload & park?

Do not park at the Y, it was put out two meetings ago there is to be no parking unless there is a ton of snow. With that being said I would call the FS and let them know your going up and if roads are to bad you might be parking at the Y.

Wish I could make it but I will be in Yakima that weekend

Honestly, I would think you should be perfectly fine parking at the Y. I know you would be better off there than blocking one of the gates parking on a blocked road entrance on the way up. They are pretty lenient about it when there is snow in the parking area or you can't get to the day use area.

I emailed Ian to let him know about us planning this so he doesn't forget to open the gate. I will take him some dinner or a case of beer or something :redneck:

They did ask us to let people know that the only trailer parking is in the park itself. I will be parking at the Y due to the fack that road sucks to drive on and it's safer.

Pierce County also goes up there from time to time

Do not park at the Y, it was put out two meetings ago there is to be no parking unless there is a ton of snow. With that being said I would call the FS and let them know your going up and if roads are to bad you might be parking at the Y.

Wish I could make it but I will be in Yakima that weekend

Parking at the Y is perfectly fine. What Ian (leo) dosent want to see is non legal rigs on the road up to the park. If your rig is not street legal you should park as close to the park as you can. If snow conditions allow then he lets people drive their buggys and such from the Y.

I guess I would be mad also if I couldn't go up, but I always have a open seat

I used to take my Blazer up there all the time 6-7 years ago... Ran the trails no problem without creating damage... Then just started going up there for the deep snow... Now neither is an option... The place is dead to me, as well as a lot of others... They sure **** on a lot of volunteers... **** Evans...

Parking at the Y is perfectly fine. What Ian (leo) dosent want to see is non legal rigs on the road up to the park. If your rig is not street legal you should park as close to the park as you can. If snow conditions allow then he lets people drive their buggys and such from the Y.

Your right he did say that but how many people park there when there is no snow, he is saying that to cover his ass. Park there at your own risk, thats the point I'm trying to get across. How many guys have 100 percent street legal rigs that they trailer, just be because it has a plate does not make it street legal. I think those were the exact words that were used at the meeting.

I guess depending on how "street legal" you are, I live 5 miles from the one lane bridge on the main road. I have room for prolly 10 truck/trailer combos. Might save you the headache of dealing with the Y just past the bridge (im assuming thats the Y everyone is talking about). My rig most likely wont be evans ready, so I may just ride shotgun with lucky jeff.