• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evan's Creek Seasonal Closure

:mad: Well, take Evans off my list of places to wheel. Winter is the only time I enjoy that place. It sucks because it's not like there are run off issues.:mad:

A seasonal closure has been imposed for the Evans Creek ORV area from November 1 through May 15th. 2007.

This directive is pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50; all two, three and four wheeled motorized vehicles are prohibited from use on designated "TRAILS".

"ROADS" are still open in the area.

Violation of these prohibitions are punishable by a fine of not more than $5000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both. (Title 16 USC Section 551 - this order rescinds and supersedes Forest Order No. 06-05-20-92-003)

no excuses said:
Will Rieter be next if its made a ORV area?

reiter is DNR(state) evans is Forest service(federal) Not saying it couldnt happen just differant land managers.

Evans is one of the only good places to go in the snow. In the summer it is boring as hell. The snow is mostly what we like to run in. I guess good wheeling is comeing to a end. To many do gooders, tree huggers and root suckers. I guess out of state in the rocks is the way to go.So i guess Elbe will be next.

longfield said:
Evans is one of the only good places to go in the snow. In the summer it is boring as hell. The snow is mostly what we like to run in. I guess good wheeling is comeing to a end. To many do gooders, tree huggers and root suckers. I guess out of state in the rocks is the way to go.So i guess Elbe will be next.

You forgot one. Not enough politicly active wheelers:mad:

longfield said:
To date, no closures are expected at Elbe but the Busy will be one way during the winter.

longfield said:
I guess good wheeling is comeing to a end.
I wonder if they realize that if they close everything down we will just make our own trails and they won't be able to keep an eye on us.

Correct. The Washington State Director for the PNW4WDA had a conversation or meeting of some sorts and was able to keep it open for this year while they watch things.

That means for us that we'd better all be on our best behaviour and make sure we police ourselves and don't screw this up.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:13 pm Post subject: Evans Creek - Closure Reversed I have talked with the White River District today and the official word is:

The District will not this winter be physically closing the 4x4 trails outlined in the order, or changing the management approach from what has been done over the previous years.

However, as the District prepares for the scheduled "Improvement Plan" for the ORV area - monitoring winter use will be taking place with regards to water quality, erosion, and resource damage.

We are back to square one for the time being - as the PNW representatives and the District personal work together on the management approach of Evans Creek. AB

(cut and pasted from another thread, seemed appropiate here)

This is good to hear ...

Does anyone have any info on what THEY consider constitutes "water quality, erosion, and resource damage"?

Hiking in downstream from the ORV area (aka below the 102 bridge and further), the water in that creek is stellar IMO ... (almost no algae blooms during various times of the year, and silt seems non-existent).

"Erosion"? That can be dealt with via an "adopt a trail" program IMO. Only a few areas I can think of could use work (some on 102, some on 198, maybe the hill on 311).

"Resource" damage is such a broad term ... I'd really like to hear the definition.