• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seasonal

Murkman

And the Seasonal Closure is upon us again. April 1st until June 15th. This years snowpack on the lower slopes is gone, the upper slopes have a fair share of snow. We'll see how the melt happens!

Still some deep snow up higher but temps are going up again so hoping for early opening but we shall see

I'd expect to see the Liberty Area open early with the exception of Table Mountain ( seasonal wildlife closure). Liberty is in the Cle Elum Ranger District. I learned the other day that the Naches Trail is still under a Fire Closure until the USFS can get in there (snow melts) and then determine if a hazard exist (tree's) due to last summers fires.

Our group goes to liberty every year for the holiday week. Last year they didnt open till saturday. Last year was the deadest ive ever seen as far as campers/ rigs. Probably because it was up in the air if it was gonna be open. The field was damn near empty. We're planning on heading over 21st and stay till Tuesday after the holiday to avoid the i-90 mess coming home.

Memorial day?

What do you think murkman....will naches br open for memorial day....I miss going over there for the holiday weekend...its been to long since it's been open on memorial day

What do you think murkman....will naches br open for memorial day....I miss going over there for the holiday weekend...its been to long since it's been open on memorial day
I have no clue as to if they will open for the holiday weekend. I know Chinook Pass WILL NOT be open until June 11th due to construction. In the past when the Naches opens early they do it a couple days after the holiday.

Naches Areas: Seasonal Motorized Trail Closures Lifted

Due to consistent warm and dry conditions coupled with volunteers working diligently to clear fallen trees, seasonal motorized trail closures have been lifted on the Naches Ranger District prior to the traditional opening date of June 15.

Each spring the Naches Ranger District sets seasonal closures on motorized trails to prevent resource damage when the ground is soft and wet as snow melts.

"Closing the trails when they are most vulnerable allows us to enjoy them the rest of the year without causing resource damage," said District Ranger Kelly Lawrence. "Our volunteer partners provided tremendous help in assessing the trails early on, and cleared trails as soon as they were accessible. This is a huge contribution to getting our trails open in a timely manner."

Forest Service trails are a national resource and responsible use of the trail system by the public is key to keeping them accessible. Resource damage occurs when trails are used while they are wet and muddy.

"We can't stress how important it is for forest visitors to refrain from using the trails in the higher elevations, which are still snow covered or muddy, until they completely dry out. If you see water, mud, or snow on the trails and roads please turn around," said Recreation Supervisor Bill Zimmer.

For additional details on current conditions, call the Naches Ranger District office at 509-653-1401.

I stopped at the cle elum ranger station this last Monday and they said high probability of liberty being open. They said down low it's already dry and snow less, but said you get up high and it's a wall of snow. But the heat will take of that pretty quickly I hope.

Just got off the phone with the ranger service, liberty will be open this weekend :DANCE:
We already have a group of 4 that just got into the campground and people already have tents put up around trying to reserve spots. Looks like it may be a busy weekend over there this year.