• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evan's Creek Seasonal Closure

Gibby said:
Explain your comment?

Not sure why I need to explain myself. All is see is a copy and paste job from another forum that states it will be closed.......(not something offical IMO) Then from the same forum *POOF* it isn't going to close. Not sure what else to call it but magic. I don't know who "The Washington State Director for the PNW4WDA" is and why or how he/she has this power to persuade the State (or whom ever) to change their mind.

So before someone jumps me I am just trying to figure this out and follow along and see where I can get involved.

GRNTACO said:
Not sure why I need to explain myself. All is see is a copy and paste job from another forum that states it will be closed.......(not something offical IMO) Then from the same forum *POOF* it isn't going to close. Not sure what else to call it but magic. I don't know who "The Washington State Director for the PNW4WDA" is and why or how he/she has this power to persuade the State (or whom ever) to change their mind.

So before someone jumps me I am just trying to figure this out and follow along and see where I can get involved.

It's apparently that you're not familiar with the PNW4WDA. Review their website and you'll get a lot more info on who they are and what they do. The PNW4WDA is the primary association that fights the battles to save the trails in WA, OR and ID, at an organizational level. The information provided is VERY official as the Washington State Director is in charge of land matters for the entire state. She does have the authority to negotiate with the state on these kinds of matters and YES, she can change their mind.

You might want to consider getting involved with the association. We are in need of more people to become active as this and other battles are not over.

Derrick Clarke I'm sure was involved as well. Derrick is the Region 2 chair for Evans Creek. He is involved in co-ordinating and keeping on top of the issues with Evan's Creek and co-ordinating the volunteer efforts and camp host progam at the park. There is a PNW4WDA representative involved with every ORV park in the state. I have this role for Elbe Hills ORV park and I work with the DNR on issues like trail repairs, improvements, campground improvements, grants etc. I believe Jeff Williams is the rep for Tahuya and there are others.

Well this is good news. I never understand why they can just shut a place down without any science, studies or facts to back things up, yet to get it re-opened requires years of study, litigation and an act of congress. It should have to go through the same process to close an existing area, not just based on the whim of some field hump because he/she feels like it.

Ben, Dale, back to your corners. Keep the fight clean. :flipoff: :; :cheer: :corn:

Comet said:
Well this is good news. I never understand why they can just shut a place down without any science, studies or facts to back things up, yet to get it re-opened requires years of study, litigation and an act of congress. It should have to go through the same process to close an existing area, not just based on the whim of some field hump because he/she feels like it.
Doesn't make sense at all... :mad:

Ben and I aren't fighting. I was just explaining and answering his question.. I do apologize if it came out wrong.

Maybe Pokey's rubbing off on me :kissmyass:

Just kidding Jim.:beer:

Lets just say its good to have a great working relationship with your foresters. just another reason to support the PNW4WDA. Also dont forget that evans creek is undeer a very large microscope right now and we REALLY need to take care of OUR park this winter and spring.

Gibby said:
Ben and I aren't fighting. I was just explaining and answering his question.. I do apologize if it came out wrong.

Maybe Pokey's rubbing off on me :kissmyass:

Just kidding Jim.:beer:

Its hard to be PC when your pulling your hair out now isnt it:haha: :haha:

Gibby said:
It's apparently that you're not familiar with the PNW4WDA. Review their website and you'll get a lot more info on who they are and what they do. The PNW4WDA is the primary association that fights the battles to save the trails in WA, OR and ID, at an organizational level. The information provided is VERY official as the Washington State Director is in charge of land matters for the entire state. She does have the authority to negotiate with the state on these kinds of matters and YES, she can change their mind.

You might want to consider getting involved with the association. We are in need of more people to become active as this and other battles are not over.

Derrick Clarke I'm sure was involved as well. Derrick is the Region 2 chair for Evans Creek. He is involved in co-ordinating and keeping on top of the issues with Evan's Creek and co-ordinating the volunteer efforts and camp host progam at the park. There is a PNW4WDA representative involved with every ORV park in the state. I have this role for Elbe Hills ORV park and I work with the DNR on issues like trail repairs, improvements, campground improvements, grants etc. I believe Jeff Williams is the rep for Tahuya and there are others.

Thanks Dale. I guess my first post was kind of vague but this helps.

I will take a look at the site.

Gibby said:

You didn't come off wrong at all.

I see only a handful of people talking about these type of things out of the thousands that are in our sport in this state. I prefer to be on this side of things rather then just another user. It is a whole new door opening.......

GRNTACO said:
You didn't come off wrong at all.

I see only a handful of people talking about these type of things out of the thousands that are in our sport in this state. I prefer to be on this side of things rather then just another user. It is a whole new door opening.......

It's a slight thread hijack, but what region are you in?
http://www.pnw4wda.org/about_us/clubs/index.htm

Region 2 has a meeting this coming Thursday. For you or anyone else that would like to come as my guest, let me know. Meeting is 7pm in Olympia at the Tumwater Bar and Grill. That's the restaurant at the Tumwater Golf Course. This and many other topics are sure to be discussed that will be of interest.

skrause said:
Those are the magic words, Ben WILL be there. :haha:

I played 9 this afternoon.:flipoff:

Gibby said:

Dale, it looks like I would be Region 2......or right on the line of 1 and 2. I am in Auburn.

Last edited:
SnoFalls said:
This is good to hear ...

Does anyone have any info on what THEY consider constitutes "water quality, erosion, and resource damage"?

"Resource" damage is such a broad term ... I'd really like to hear the definition.

They are doing a 2 year impact study up there right now, resource damage would be going off the designated trails, like the user built trail, and other illegal bypasses.

Gibby said:
http://www.pnw4wda.org/about_us/clubs/index.htm

Region 2 has a meeting this coming Thursday. For you or anyone else that would like to come as my guest, let me know. Meeting is 7pm in Olympia at the Tumwater Bar and Grill. That's the restaurant at the Tumwater Golf Course. This and many other topics are sure to be discussed that will be of interest.
I am so there. PM forthcoming.

I was wondering if anyone had picked up that engine block in the staging area and if not if someone would help me lift it into the back of my truck so I could dispose of it.

mcbadwish said:
I was wondering if anyone had picked up that engine block in the staging area and if not if someone would help me lift it into the back of my truck so I could dispose of it.

Not sure if it is still there, what day were you thinking?

Latest posts