• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek work party

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is stupid. I am willing to be that with in the next couple of months two things will happen. 1) Someone with a rig that should not be on 311 (and with the gate keeper would not have made it in) is going to A: Make another bad bypass farther down the trail. B) Roll down the hill climb due to inexperience and get hurt or worse. 2) Those rock will be all over the place and become more of an eye sore then the trail. And what the hell is that all about anyway? Do these morons really think that people in an off road park care that the trail they are about to wheel looks really bad? NO they look at it and say "Damn that looks like fun"!! And by the way those who think it was too hard to make need to stay at the mall. I made that in my zook the first time I ever wheeled it. Muddy with A/T's and about 20psi one locker. I even ran my old toyota up it open open on BALD A/T's. If I were asked to fill it with rocks and turn it into a "Nice looking road" then I would have walked off.:flipoff:

I agree with you except for the fact that towards the end of the entrance to the 311 as we knew it, it was really nasty. I went up with a TJ and cherokee both were on 35s and locked in the rear and they could not make it (they hammered pretty hard.). And the rest of the 311 is pretty easily makeable in a stock rig. So it was kind of pointless having the entrance to such an easy trail so hard.

I agree with you except for the fact that towards the end of the entrance to the 311 as we knew it, it was really nasty. I went up with a TJ and cherokee both were on 35s and locked in the rear and they could not make it (they hammered pretty hard.). And the rest of the 311 is pretty easily makeable in a stock rig. So it was kind of pointless having the entrance to such an easy trail so hard.

Maybe so but now it looks like it is the new way to the camp ground for the tow rigs. Filling in SOME of it would have worked. It did not have to be a boat launch.

Maybe so but now it looks like it is the new way to the camp ground for the tow rigs. Filling in SOME of it would have worked. It did not have to be a boat launch.

Yah but soon enough most of those little rocks will be in the parking lot, and it will be just that.

So when is the next work party to fix any by-pass that is made further up the trail cause they were able to make it past the start?:corn:

So when is the next work party to fix any by-pass that is made further up the trail cause they were able to make it past the start?:corn:

They shouldnt need a bypass the rest of the trail is already nearley paved, and I dont think anyone will bypass the rockface.

She told me that they were gonna make the road a 2 way road with one lane for street legal and another for trail rigs, bikes, etc..

Of course when I asked her about a timetable for all this she had no idea, but some of the work party people there said they didn't expect to see too much happen till next summer.

The seasonal FS staff is just that,seasonal.
Take what they say lightly. They work hard, but dont always represent the whole story.
Come to a FS meeting and meet the year round staff.

They shouldnt need a bypass the rest of the trail is already nearley paved, and I dont think anyone will bypass the rockface.

I know for fact that the start of the trail stopped alot of people who would not be able to run the trail. They will not make it to the end of 311A and now they can get in and end up messin up more of the trail. My big ? would be now that wheelers have given up a nice obstacle are they going to let us build one or two of the trails up so we can have some more hard trails?

I know for fact that the start of the trail stopped alot of people who would not be able to run the trail. They will not make it to the end of 311A and now they can get in and end up messin up more of the trail. My big ? would be now that wheelers have given up a nice obstacle are they going to let us build one or two of the trails up so we can have some more hard trails?

Never gonna happen at evens.

That whole place keeps getting easier. The only part that gets better is the hill climb. But Im sure that is in the plans to be changed to become easy as well.

Yup. I the FS gets their way then the hardest trail will be the road up there.:looser:

To everyone reading this...we may not agree on every topic/issue, but I encourage you to get involved, let your voice be heard & become part of the solution.

I think this needed to be said again...

That being said, there are WOW members that help with Evans on a regular bases... We also have small tire members... You don't have to have huge tires or want hard trails to be a member...

WOW Home Page said:
Wheeler's of Washington is a Non Profit Organization comprised of member clubs and individuals united in a common objective for the betterment of vehicle oriented outdoor recreation.

Did anyone think to advise "the powers that be", that this could be a bad idea and why???

Someone could have explained the issues with making it accessible to any type of rig and the fact that most of the rocks will end up in the parking lot...

Hold yourselves accountable, stand up and question what you don't agree with... They may have even went for an alternative solution...

It doesn't hurt to ask... I'm just sayin'...

This work party was posted up and everybody was invited.
Show up, build that relationship, give your input.
If you dont get involved , dont complain about the outcome.
I hear lots of "they should have" or "why didn't they",
be present and have your voice heard.

I help fill in that hole and build the water bar, so water would stop running straight down the trail. I liked the challenge of that spot, but do realize that keeping trails healthy will keep them open.

Not all parks are going to be for all type of rigs!

Last edited:
this work party was posted up and everybody was invited.

exactly!!

i understand you have to do what higher says but i was there and no one asked what should we do about the trails all that was said was go and do what this person says

This work party was posted up and everybody was invited.

I help fill in that hole and build the water bar, so water would stop running straight down the trail. I liked the challenge of that spot, but do realize that keeping trails healthy will keep them open.

Very well said grant.

This is another example of how folks should get involved and make sure your voice is heard. We have powers in numbers and when that voice is heard loudly. Now does that mean we always get our way, not at all but at least those involved can say they tried.

Grant brought up a very valid point--build a relationship with the powers that be. Reiter is a prime example as we wheelerrs(RTW) built a strong relationship and IMO we have made a difference up to this point and that can be seen how organized we are compared to other user groups up there.

For those who are pissed about what has happened recently and have done all of there bitching from the armchair and not put an ounce into helping our sport---- think about your actions and how you might make a difference.

The road from the entrance (and 311 trail) will only be open to street legal vehicles. If you look at the map in the plan you can see that there is a way to access the begining of the 311 without haveing to double back. (Campground to day use to the 102 will bring you back out at the entrance. Cross the lot and up the 311 will bring you back to the campground.)

This is not what I was told. I was standing at the main entrance area talking with the FS lady there and she pointed toward the road that heads to the day use area and said that the master plan is to turn that into a 2 lane road where one lane is for street legal and the other is for off road vehicles.

This is not what I was told. I was standing at the main entrance area talking with the FS lady there and she pointed toward the road that heads to the day use area and said that the master plan is to turn that into a 2 lane road where one lane is for street legal and the other is for off road vehicles.

Maureen is a great Gal and very dedicated to her job. But shes a seasonal worker who may not quite be up to speed with the entire improvement plan.
Lots of information on the plan here.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/evans-creek/index.shtml

Maureen is a great Gal and very dedicated to her job. But shes a seasonal worker who may not quite be up to speed with the entire improvement plan.
Lots of information on the plan here.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/evans-creek/index.shtml

Thanks for reposting that link. I have seen the plan before, but there is a lot to take in there. Yes, Maureen was the name of the Gal I spoke to. She seemed to really care about the park, but also seemed a bit overwhelmed at the scope of the issues she has to deal with there.

My $.02 on this whole issue is that I don't care what they do to any of the trails as long as they keep them open. I would rather have a trail to run that I may feel is a bit to easy than have no trails to run at all. Evans is by far the closest ORV park to my house and I don't want to lose it. No matter what the FS plan is I will be happy to help out anytime help is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.