• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans width restriction

Crap I read this thread last night and measured my truck today and it is too wide! The bed is exactly 80 inches wide and has a bedside bracket on each side that sticks out another 1 1/2 so i'm right at 83 inches wide!

If I narrow or take off the bed then i'd be able to go!

Crap I read this thread last night and measured my truck today and it is too wide! The bed is exactly 80 inches wide and has a bedside bracket on each side that sticks out another 1 1/2 so i'm right at 83 inches wide!

If your bed is wider than 80", then I'd have to bet that your tires stick outside the bed as well. Taking the bed off will be required as you will not get through the poles at 83".

Did you measure your width from the outside of the tires?

Do you h

Fully :awesomework: Liabilty laws have created more of a problem for us than just about anything (well that and fish rules) but even that creates liability for land owners. Add to that tweeker methlabs and dumpers and you cant blame private landowners for locking down their lands. It just sucks for us because there were lots of great trails on private lands years back that we can no longer use :booo:

Why are our liability laws so much more restrictive than other areas?

How do skate parks exist. I bet that more people get serious injuries in city owned skate parks per any given time then get severely injured in OHV parks. How does that work?

Why are our liability laws so much more restrictive than other areas?

How do skate parks exist. I bet that more people get serious injuries in city owned skate parks per any given time then get severely injured in OHV parks. How does that work?

The liability issue isn't so much focused on personal injury as it is on dealing with environmental laws. Skate parks don't have to worry to much about silt getting into fish bearing streams. We here in the NW are blessed with all kinds of these fish bearing streams or sub streams that are home to many protected species or sub species aka "special fish" lots of places have no such fish and therefore the activities we cant do they can. we also have the luck of having several special birds that we are not allowed to harm or even potentially harm in any way. Its the ever"green" state in a lot more than one way :mad:

id think a mog would fit thou the gates but those tight trees might hang the bed up. mine is 77in wide with stockish tires and 84in with the 44s. i did the busy with the bed on so...anythings posible.

If your bed is wider than 80", then I'd have to bet that your tires stick outside the bed as well. Taking the bed off will be required as you will not get through the poles at 83".

Did you measure your width from the outside of the tires?

They are tucked back a bit from the width of the bed. I'll measure the outside tire width once I swap out my wheels and tires this week.