• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

extended driveshafts?

Tbarnes23

So i'm new to crawling, and just bought my first Jeep. it's a 1988 XJ and it has a 4.5 inch lift with rancho shocks on it.. I'm looking to go up to a 6.5" Rusty's Offroad long arm lift kit, and maybe even put a 3" puck, and an add a leaf to make it 9.5" What all will i need to do to run this lift? extend my drive shafts? I plan on putting a slip yoke eliminator kit as well. or would i have to put transfer case drop downs on it?? any and all help will be much appreciated. thanks

i don't necessarily "want" to go to a 9.5" but it just sounds cool i guess. What would you recommend i do??

Re: Re: extended driveshafts?

Unless you are planning on swapping in some one ton axles and running 44" tires then 9.5" lift is completely retarded.

Tbarnes23 said:
i don't necessarily "want" to go to a 9.5" but it just sounds cool i guess. What would you recommend i do??

What size tires? I'd say keep it at 6.5 or lower. You need a slip yoke eliminator and cv rear shaft for your driveshaft problem. No need for a drop with that setup.

Re:

I think you should step back and take a look at what you are gonna do woth your rig, and what size tire you wanna run. I am running 4.5" lift in my xj with 35" tires and could easily fit 37". I have also done a lot of trimming so everything fits right. But imo a stock width xj with 9" of lift would be crazy unstable. Just something to consider

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Might want to check what rear axle you have as well. The front will hold 33s, 35s with later model shafts but if it's got the D35 rear 31s are your max tire size. Just for reference I run 38s on a 6" lift. 9" would be way tall and with stock axles very narrow.