• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Family Vacation

TheViking

Targeted
Does anyone leave family vacations more pissed and stressed that when they came? This last short trip had me ready to pull my hair out, last morning I might have been at work spent three hours on the damn phone between coworkers, boss, and client. I'm billing his ass for those three hours by the way. Just to much crap and not enough time to enjoy anything other than a meal which seems to suck. In law broke her walker at Dollywood I had to leave to go get a replacement walker but it sucked due to no wheels which said in law wanted. Wanted to go into the mountains and pray with my wife that **** didn't happen either.

I feel ya man. My parents and sisters came with us this year. I don't mind them usually but a whole week in the same house got old quick. I was probably in my best mood during the 12hr drive home.

I'm good for about 3 days and I'm ready to go home. **** taking family. That ain't happening. A whole week and I'm ready to just get away from the wife. I needs mah space.

Spent several hours in the car with inlaws saturday. Times like this make me ****ing hate pandora. Stevie nicks and fleetwood mac had me about ready to slit my own throat.

To hell with "family" vacations! We take our 2 kiddos and the wife and I... too much drama with kin folks. Much better time with better half and little ones, do what you want with no upper hand say so.

Hell I'm getting to the point in life that I just want it to be me and my wife going on vacation. Youngest just started senior year of high school and other two are **** outta luck. Sorry... but I feel that we've earned the right to be a little selfish and just have some "me" time. Call me old or whatever, but my ass will be on the beach or wherever :drinkers: and just chillin' !!!

My wife, kids and I vacation together. Being lazy is the top nine of 10 on my vacation list. Number ten is eat good food. It is nice to sleep in, take some naps, get a bite to eat. Rest, rinse, repeat. If I wanna run around and be stressed out, I'll just stay at work.

Re: Re: Family Vacation

johneddie said:
Hell I'm getting to the point in life that I just want it to be me and my wife going on vacation. Youngest just started senior year of high school and other two are **** outta luck. Sorry... but I feel that we've earned the right to be a little selfish and just have some "me" time. Call me old or whatever, but my ass will be on the beach or wherever :drinkers: and just chillin' !!!
This sounds just like my situation. The older my boys have gotten, the less they really want to do with my wife and I. Any trips we take end up being more miserable than the regular "grind" at home. As bad as I hate to say it, kinda looking forward to some trips with just the wife and I.

When we used to go to Florida every year, we'd stay in Titusville at my wife's aunt and uncle's house. It was geographically smart (google it) and free. But after 4-5 years of that, I always felt like I was imposing. It was worth the extra $1500 a week for our own place in Edisto S.C. and we could do whatever we want and not feel like we had to check in or invite them. Only down side is there's a Beef O'Brady's in Titusville, but not in Charleston. Aint had it since it closed in Knoxville. :eat:

Glad I'm not the only one.
Wife and 2 kids and I for vacations - beyond that not interested in vacationing with family. Too much drama and never works out well.
We have tried it with both sides of the family and it's never worked out well.

I don't even like family get togethers on Saturday or sunday. My mom stays pissed at me because I would rather go do what I want to do on the weekends. She can't understand how someone would rather do something fun instead of spending it with family. Its chaos and not fun at all. I have 3 sisters, and two of them have 4 kids each. Absolute chaos!!!! My stance is family is who you got stuck with, friends are the people you choose to surround yourself with.

I LOVE family vacations. Pack them all up, send them to the beach for a week, take a week off work and spend it at the house/shop by myself. Best stress relief ever... loller.gif

pholmann said:
I don't even like family get togethers on Saturday or sunday. My mom stays pissed at me because I would rather go do what I want to do on the weekends. She can't understand how someone would rather do something fun instead of spending it with family. Its chaos and not fun at all. I have 3 sisters, and two of them have 4 kids each. Absolute chaos!!!! My stance is family is who you got stuck with, friends are the people you choose to surround yourself with.

Agreed, just insert inlaws and this is my situation. We see wifes family multiple times a week and on weekends, and I get in trouble for not wanting to go or having something else to do. Hell I work 300 yards from my parents house and get to see them maybe once every 2 weeks. I rarely get to see my family, much less all together at the same time, we have never all been on vacation at the same time but I would try it.

My parents are great and my Sister is great. Her 3 kids can be a bit much, but my boy can be just as ornery (on'ry? see what I did there) I prefer going with them. My BIL is a dickhole, but has been since we were buddies in HS and he started banging my sister laughing1 We all have a good time together. I'd rather hang out with everyone that just with my wife. When its just the wife and I we are immediately on each others' nerves.