• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fan Switches

Nathan08

I have two different trucks that are in question here. My truck has a LS 1 with the aluminum radiator in the back that I have a Taurus fan on controlled by the computer switch. The problem with mine is that every now and then I have to replace the relay that I mounted on the firewall that has gone bad. If anyone has ran into this can you give me a suggestion of what y'all have done to fix this problem? Oh and I do have a manual override on it for when I know we are going to be hard in it or heating up for any reason.

The other truck is a buddy of mines that we are fighting a problem of the elec. fan ( also off of a Taurus) keeps blowing 30 amp fusses. We are using a stock 90's model screw in sending unit that is in the block ( it is an iron block 350). Does anyone know of a better switch to use for his application we keep having issues of the switches going bad? Thanks guys

if memory serves me right 60a to kick it on the drops down to 30a to run them

As we use only the high speed Taurus setting, there is a LOT of load on startup. The fan is designed to run on low, then switch to high. I run 80 amp maxi fuse. And a CONTINOUS run relay.

Here is the relay number:
BWD S605

get that taraus fan dailed in right, it does a good job, not only coolin the motor but will also cut a finger!!!!! :****: :****:

Rode at Morris this weekend with the larger relay........... and it stayed cool. Thanks for the help guys.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
As we use only the high speed Taurus setting, there is a LOT of load on startup. The fan is designed to run on low, then switch to high. I run 80 amp maxi fuse. And a CONTINOUS run relay.

Here is the relay number:
BWD S605
YES !!! i run a 100 amp continous duty relay only gives me trouble if it gets wet and sits for a week or so ....... i could probly fix that if i wasnt so lazy about it ::)