• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Farmer's 4x4 (Murphy NC) BIG RIP OFF

Obullfish

I will start this off by telling you that these guys (Paul Farmer owner) are the biggest bunch of crooks that i have ever meet. The deal was to be a used like new TJ housing with a super 44 kit with an ARB installed for $3000.00. After the install I went to pick the TJ up and he had already sold my factory axle that I wanted back as a spare but all he said was sorry its already gone and would not give me a receipt for the install ( I guess so i could not sue his ass). Then on the drive home (75 miles) the pinion bearing feel out and no rear brakes or ebrake and had to have it towed back to the jackass to be fixed. He fixed the pinion bearing and got the brakes working after a few days. The first time I had the TJ offroad (2-3) weeks after install the ARB stopped working so I called Farmers 4X4 and they would not do anything for me and stopped answering the phone. So I had another mechanic take a look at it and found that it was a junk axle for the most part it was not a super 44 it was stock shafts that were twisted after around 250 miles on them. The gears were setup completly wrong with no preload at all so they were floating around in the housing so the gears were ruined. Also we found that the housing was bent which was making the ARB leak after a few miles because of failures of the o rings. So at this point the axle is a total loss and I had to do something about it so I can use the Jeep. I was able to find another axle and build it to what i wanted to start with but have over $5500.00 in this thing including the ripoff. If you need any work done on your rig in WNC or east TN stay far away from these jackasses (Paul Farmer & Bear). Thanks for listening to me bitch a little.

You posted this on Pirate also but its was deleted before I saw your response....when you posted it there you said it happened like 3 years ago. Why wait so long to post up?

Guess folks in Murphy are trying to re-coop some of the money they lost when they let USF and TU shut down Tellico

ibrokeit said:
Wait. You dropped 3 grand on a dana 35?
Pretty sure it says super 44, what ever that is.

I here Jduck does some damn fine work, but he aint in N.C.

Why would you get on here and bitch about something that happened that long ago first off, and also why would you spend that kind of coin on a 44?

Re: Re: Re: Farmer's 4x4 (Murphy NC) BIG RIP OFF

Elliott said:
Why would you get on here and bitch about something that happened that long ago first off, and also why would you spend that kind of coin on a 44?
[/quote

X eleventy billion