• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fat or Skinny?

Fat or Skinny rings on my TrailReadys?

• wide/dull finish next wednesday

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • slim/polished finish today

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
The only way a slim is more vulnerable is to "peeling" and even then you are talking about a catastrophic event that would comprimise anything but a steel ring and even then the wheel would more than likely fail.

My definition of "peeling" would be slamming into the edge of a Granite planter box at say 30mph and trying to shave the ring off. FWIW....95% of the trophy truck/CORE/SCORE etc run slim rings

If you go with the rock clamp the anodized will hardly be noticed IMO You paid for it you should at least be able to see it! So I would go with the slim ring just for this reason alone!

I have a pair of 17" with anodized black slim rings that look sick!

When I had to buy 2 rock clamps they charged $90.00 apiece so chose wisely!

How much did they charge you for the anodizing any way?

I stopped by and checked these out today w/Larry, he wasn't happy w/the finish, pretty hazy/dull he said, he's sending them back to get re done. Going to "expedite" them so hopefully I can still pick them back up next wednesday. I looked at both the thick and the thin rings, I'm going to go w/the thick, I like the look and the finish much better, the thin rings are a little too bling for my taste. Not to mention I'll have more hub protection. Access to the valvestem was w/in 1/4" b/w the two rings.

BTW, that buggy up on top of the shelving was ****ing bad azz...

It's just a buggy on the top shelf, don't mistake it with a top shelf buggy:flipoff: A couple of hack's put that one together:stirpot:

It's just a buggy on the top shelf, don't mistake it with a top shelf buggy:flipoff: A couple of hack's put that one together:stirpot:

HA HA. And it hasn't moved since it came down to TR.:flipoff: I gotta worry about that thing falling on my head while I work under it all day..:wtf:

Brent

Today: Roof mounted
Firewall mounted
Brake M/C located,parts made,linkage figured out will be finished on Sun.

Got home and the wife was washing the truck :beer:

Oh Brent....I have some new sweeping guidlines for you....we'll discuss on Mon:fawkdancesmiley:

Firewall mounted

Oh Brent....I have some new sweeping guidlines for you....we'll discuss on Mon:fawkdancesmiley:

pics?

Firewall mounted

Whateva..... Atleast you got somthin done on it. Maybe I just won't show up on monday and you'll have to do some REAL work.:flipoff:

Brent

I went FAT

TR1.jpg