• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawking Auto Insurance

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Rate increases upon renewal every year is a crock of ****. Me, the ole lady, and my family are all on Allstate with auto and my home owners. It's all divided into two different policies. One policy for 3 vehicles, 2 of which are liability only and one is full coverage (my FJ), just jumped up $22. Call my buddy that works there to complain, nothing he can do. Last year, my home owners jumped like $200 in one year, complained and they knocked it down a little bit, but it had already billed through my escrow and caused a shortage, making my house payment go up like $20 a month. :wtflol:

Is there a non-crooked insurance company out there? Does it just depend on the actual agency? or are they all like Dish Network and DirectTV and all the other crooked ass corporations that continuously increases their rates above a normal rate???

Re:

tonybolton said:
I use Esurance for everything. Had it like 8+ years. No changes.

Have you had to make a claim with them yet?

jayphizzle said:
I use Alfa, no complaints here.

I wonder if it's agent specific? Like one allstate agency owner can offer cheaper rates than the allstate guy in the next town over? Just pisses me off that every single fawking year upon renewal, there's a rate increase. ****ing horseshit.

Find you a good independent agent. They can shop multiple companies. They can also be your "go between" if when you have a claim. I have had the same one for 35 years, a college frat brother.

Without a claim, what reason would they have to increase your premium on auto? A car depreciates every year so in theory, they get their rate increase by having less risk each year.
Guess I could understand a little better on a home since it does in fact appreciate but even if so, it should show your level of insurance went up to match the premium increase.

JohnG said:
Find you a good independent agent. They can shop multiple companies. They can also be your "go between" if when you have a claim. I have had the same one for 35 years, a college frat brother.

X10 My local agent just happens to be a farm bureau. The go-between is the big deal for me in case you need them to go to bat for you

jeff150 said:
Without a claim, what reason would they have to increase your premium on auto? A car depreciates every year so in theory, they get their rate increase by having less risk each year.
Guess I could understand a little better on a home since it does in fact appreciate but even if so, it should show your level of insurance went up to match the premium increase.

Statewide rate increase is what I was told. He said there were other insurance companies that got hit with a higher rate increase... First I've heard of that.

TacomaJD said:
Statewide rate increase is what I was told. He said there were other insurance companies that got hit with a higher rate increase... First I've heard of that.

You are correct about the statewide increase! Not all but a lot of insurance companies you will pay for other people's claims! Storms floods fires etc.

I've had Alfa for 21 years and never had an annual increase.
Had a roof replaced on my old house due to hail damage but no other claims in 21 years.

Maybe they see all your drinking threads on here and figure you are high risk. :flipoff1:

jeff150 said:
I've had Alfa for 21 years and never had an annual increase.
Had a roof replaced on my old house due to hail damage but no other claims in 21 years.

Maybe they see all your drinking threads on here and figure you are high risk. :flipoff1:

[email protected]

Gay/partying drinking threads :rolf:

State Farm has raised both my homeowner's and auto rates two years in a row here in Huntsville. I've been told the same about "Statewide Increase" the multiple times I've called to complain. Once my current house sells, I'm leaning towards going to an independent agent.....

I need to look into this independent agent thing. I think there is actually one in my hometown. Either way, I'm definitely looking into other options.

I've been on progressive insurance for both vehicles full coverage for last 11yrs no claims. Every year my non accident rate drops my overall payment (82 a month is what I pay for 98 tj and 08 GMC) Added my homeowners recently to Progressive from Erie and literally has dropped 85 dollars a month less than original. I have no complaints with progressive, and because i've been there so long without a claim i'm given emerald status so no call waiting for whatever i need. Love it!

jcox1214 said:
I've been on progressive insurance for both vehicles full coverage for last 11yrs no claims. Every year my non accident rate drops my overall payment (82 a month is what I pay for 98 tj and 08 GMC) Added my homeowners recently to Progressive from Erie and literally has dropped 85 dollars a month less than original. I have no complaints with progressive, and because i've been there so long without a claim i'm given emerald status so no call waiting for whatever i need. Love it!

Good info! I need to score somewhere like that!

Re:

Allstate is about the worst house insurance as they wanna deny claims.....came from my roofer.

I went with ASI for home owners. They are based out of Florida and the cheapest. I got my roof replaced last year. It cost me $500 and them $8000. Check them out, JD.

I rotate car insurance often. It does no good to stay with one person now a days. Once a year shop around on the internet.

I use foremost for motorcycle as they are the cheapest.

I'm sure you noticed now that I use 3 different companies. It's not always the cheapest to put everything under 1 company.

Been with State Farm almost all my life. They have never so much as fussed about a claim. They're a little bit more expensive but, IMHO, worth it.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Allstate is about the worst house insurance as they wanna deny claims.....came from my roofer.

I went with ASI for home owners. They are based out of Florida and the cheapest. I got my roof replaced last year. It cost me $500 and them $8000. Check them out, JD.

I rotate car insurance often. It does no good to stay with one person now a days. Once a year shop around on the internet.

I use foremost for motorcycle as they are the cheapest.

I'm sure you noticed now that I use 3 different companies. It's not always the cheapest to put everything under 1 company.

It just takes so much time to shop around. We have 2 homeowners policies, 6 vehicles, 1 motorcycle, and my Ranger if I decide to cover it. Talked to an independent agent in my town, gonna get a quote soon.