• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawking Auto Insurance

June dog said:
The insurance company's are making it hard to make a decent living being a tech. They cut our time on every thing they possible can.

I don't do collision work, but when I have to deal with an aftermarket warranty company on a repair, if there is a difference between my estimate and what the company will pay, then the customer makes up the difference. I let them know this up front and rarely have anybody that has a problem with it.

Dad got hit in a 02 Z71 suburban he had, the rear bumper an quarter was all that was damaged. The body shop "guaranteed their work" until the bumper started to rust through the paint. Then it was a pissing contest between the insurance company and the body shop. The insurance company wanted to use a used bumper and wouldn't pay for the proper prep work, so the body shop said :flipgotcha: and so did the insurance company. Dad was never told that, and he would have paid extra to not have problems later.

No idea, I'll ask him, all that happened about 10 years ago. And to top it off the body shop said they "would make it right, be here Friday morning at 7 and drop it off." Nobody was there after an hour of sitting there, we were so pissed.

That's one thing we try not to do at work . If we get a used part , if it's not dam near perfect we won't use it. They will make us order used or recycled parts 3 times.and if after the third time the parts aren't good they will back up and buy OEM. I don't understand their way of thinking. They try to save a friggin nickel on a part but are paying a rental car fee during this whole process . If they would just buy the good parts in the first place the car would be repaired at least a week earlier "in most cases" and they would save all the extra rental money. Progessive and Allstate are the worst 2 companies we deal with on daily basis. There rates maybe a little cheaper but when it comes to fixing your car they try to cut every corner they can.

June dog said:
There rates maybe a little cheaper but when it comes to fixing your car they try to cut every corner they can.

And most people don't care, or know enough to care... And that's their business model.

TBItoy said:
And most people don't care, or know enough to care... And that's their business model.
It is amazing the **** body work that we get and most people have no clue their car has ever been worked on. I guess they think drywall and self tapper screws are what they use at the factory.

I've been shopping around for insurance as well and got a really good quote from travelers insurance. Anyone know how they are? I've had state farm for 16 years and they are too damn high!

Re:

Anybody ever used Cincinnati Insurance Co? My independent agent here in town ran all my auto and home through a few different companies and it seems as of now, with Cincinnati, I will be getting more coverage for significantly less than my current Allstate policies. He spoke highly about Cincinnati, but I had never heard of them prior.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Anybody ever used Cincinnati Insurance Co? My independent agent here in town ran all my auto and home through a few different companies and it seems as of now, with Cincinnati, I will be getting more coverage for significantly less than my current Allstate policies. He spoke highly about Cincinnati, but I had never heard of them prior.

Yes I have, but not recently. Don't remember if there were any claims, but if there were, it was smooth, or I would remember it!!

Just make sure it has a good rating, Best and one other. Be like A+, A-, etc.

They are headquartered about 4 miles from my house.

Haven't bought their services, but I have received their payout when I was hit. Took some arguing, but no more than with any other company