• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Feature Rig - Kubota Buggy

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Bobby Smith has orange tractors all around him on the farms at his house, so it's only natural that he would build an orange buggy! This rig started life as an old full size Blazer that Bobby built. Then he decided it was time to retire it and build a buggy. This chassis started out as an EOR 321 chassis but aside from the main structure, much of it has been redesigned and modified. The motor is a built 350 small block on propane with a TH350 transmission and a trusty NP205 transfer case. The axles are Dana 60 front welded up and a 14 bolt rear with a spool. 42 cut TSLs on 15" steel beadlocks. A ton of little touches like reused the gas pedal from the blazer was very clean, the radiator catch can is an old A/C flush bottle that he polished up and mounted. Tons of other small details that Bobby put into it inside his own shop, by hand, really makes it his own.

Gallery here:
http://www.rickybphotography.com/Rig-Features/Kubota-Buggy

DSC_0247_2-XL.jpg

DSC_1034-L.jpg

DSC_0116-XL.jpg

DSC_0155-XL.jpg

DSC_0305_2-XL.jpg

DSC_1044-XL.jpg

DSC_0153_2-XL.jpg

DSC_0402_2-XL.jpg

Re:

Sawwweeeet! Digging the bracing on the rear truss to the different cover. I need to do something like that.

I like it alot. Clean, functional, and simple. Not "look how much money I can throw at one."

Someone missed a spot with the welder in that third pic. I think its going to fall apart and should just be donated to me. :dblthumb:

Stretch said:
Someone missed a spot with the welder in that third pic. I think its going to fall apart and should just be donated to me. :dblthumb:

I was wondering who would be the ass to say something about it..... :dblthumb: I'm digging the color.

Stretch, you need to come down to north Alabama to go wheeling some. You, Nathan, Sam etc are more than welcome to come on down. Free place to stay but the beer is on you. booyang

:dblthumb: I tend to be that guy. Haha. Thanks for the invite man, all I've got right now is a growing pile of parts. But when it's done I'm sure I'll make my way down there for a trip.

Man, sweet rig. Great job, attention to detail. I like seeing you are the only other one I've seen runnin a smileys aluminum t case shifter. Sweet air time in that last pic!

CheapJ7 said:
Look like there was plenty of traction to be had at grayrock this weekend

Yeah it was dry but we still had fun, nice to ride their since we never get to anymore.