• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally....Da new rig..

Are you putting a cab on this?

I contemplated my options this weekend and the "only" way I was going to use a cab and that was build what I had before because I REFUSE to run any sort of exo..

So with that said it will be a full tube chassis.

Lookin killer. I like the select few that still try to carry out what Jason and Trevor did. Keep up the good work kash

If that's a true bravo suspension start preplanning for that front driveshaft. It will get super tight rather quickly, especially if you're trying to stay low.

If that's a true bravo suspension start preplanning for that front driveshaft. It will get super tight rather quickly, especially if you're trying to stay low.

Oh ya I still remember there first car--heck I remember the very first one the gecko that dixon owned...

Oh ya I still remember there first car--heck I remember the very first one the gecko that dixon owned...
Mike, Richard can get you straight on the axleshaft driveshafts as he did mine and Chris's. That is unless you got it handled.

Mike, Richard can get you straight on the axleshaft driveshafts as he did mine and Chris's. That is unless you got it handled.

That was actually my thoughts to get ahold of richard here soon once I get my links and motor trans 100% in place.

That was actually my thoughts to get ahold of richard here soon once I get my links and motor trans 100% in place.
Motor will most likely be offset 1 inch towards drivers side, I also ran a Powermaster 9502 XS starter to give additional clearance. Getting everything to clear took a bit of time, the starter helped quite a bit also. Gave me another inch of uptravel between the driveshaft and starter allowing the motor to stay closer to center and clear everything. I didn't want to run a 2 piece driveshaft and with all the adjustments Richard made it all work.

Last edited:
From last night. Got the motor and trans close to the sweet spot.

Attachments

• tmp_26501-20170109_230612-970127467.jpg
    tmp_26501-20170109_230612-970127467.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 248
  • tmp_26501-20170109_230621-195738245.jpg
    tmp_26501-20170109_230621-195738245.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 244
  • tmp_26501-20170109_230629224252451.jpg
    tmp_26501-20170109_230629224252451.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 244
Mike, whats the width of your chassis? I assume target wheelbase is around 108-9? Going to run a 2 piece driveshaft in the front? How wide are your axles?

Mike, whats the width of your chassis? I assume target wheelbase is around 108-9? Going to run a 2 piece driveshaft in the front? How wide are your axles?

Can't remember any #'s at work :D I have no issues going 2 piece if need be.

WB is like 106.5 and the chassis ID is like 30ish

Why is the axleshaft driveshaft a need? Looks like you have room to fit a normal 2 piece with pillow block. Something I'm not seeing??

Why is the axleshaft driveshaft a need? Looks like you have room to fit a normal 2 piece with pillow block. Something I'm not seeing??
Things are super tight on these chassis. Not a lot of room between the trans to the pinion.

Things are super tight on these chassis. Not a lot of room between the trans to the pinion.

I guess I'm not seeing it?? Your gonna have to put some kind of pillow block in.. correct? So why is there not enough room? Things are super tight on every chassis and I don't see this set up, so that's why I ask. Edit.. lol your talking single driveline that's why it wasn't making sense. My vote is 2 piece driveline lol:redneck:

Last edited:
Anybody having issues with vibrations with a 2 piece? I would be willing to guess that with a 2 piece the angles would probably be nowhere to correct.