• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

f'ing door lock

zig80toy

I went to open the door of my truck after work yesterday and it didn't open:mad: . When i hit the lock/unlock button on the key fob you can hear all the other doors function except the drivers door. I had to open the rear door (4 door truck) and reach forward to the handle on the inside to get the door open. I get home, get the door guts opened up and accessible, i unplugged the wires from the door lock mechanism. Just to double check, i used a test light to make sure the lock is getting power, it is!! So, i'm gona get on the phone here in a sec and call the dealership to see if they got the lock mechanism in stock.
Anyone work at a dodge dealership or know where i can get one of these things without getting bent over too bad?

2005 dodge 4 door long bed 4x4 CTD.

ok, not too bad, i called dwayne lane dodge, it's going to cost 76 bucks and they do have it in stock...

Interior door panel came off easy. 4 screws and a bolt through the handle, then everything slides up and out. worst part of the deal was contorting my hand and arm up inside there to get to the lock mechanism. Also, i did this on friday when it was hot outside, that black glue/putty whatever, was getting all over me when i accidently brushed up against the plastic. Start to finish, took little less than an hour. Easy to do. Problem solved, works fine again.

Last edited:
Did you try the key??
Yes, the key would not turn either way.
Also, the little lock pin on the inside that you pull up to unlock the door, was also stuck, in the down position. I tugged up on that until i was uncomfortable with the amount of force i was putting on it.
The whole thing just froze up for some reason. No signs of it starting to fail either, never had a hard time opening, just up and quit.
i don't get it either:scratchhead:

Thats pretty sad for a rig thats only 3 years old.
No ****...

:corn: newer rigs are all made of tin foil now my pos car did the same shtt after like 6mths they fixed it free thou
I'm still under the factory "power train" warranty. but yeah, little **** like this ain't covered. i opted for no extra coverage when i bought it...

Thanks for the concern fellas...