• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fishing on Lake Guntersville

d9marko

Any of yall live on or near Lake Guntersville? My brother will be driving down from Virginia next Tuesday (3/14) for a few days of bass fishin. If anybody could give me some info to pass along I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe the water temp. and what stage the fish are in (pre-spawn,spawn,etc.). Considering the drive time down i'm sure any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance yall.

KInd of depends upon what type of fishing he likes to do. Is he a flipper, cranker, worm dragger, top water, etc. I've always done ok from the dog food plant(bridge over hwy 227) up to Guntersville state park area. Some of the areas around Goose pond have been known to hold some big girls too. Should be going on bed before too long as well. Just my experience. :fish:

If I was going I would probably have an Alabama rig tied on and hitting the mouth of every creek I see. He may even want to ease up in the creek a little, like Gregg said the big girls should be getting ready to go on bed. I haven't been down there in quite some time but that's what I would try first. Also if I were him I would stop at the chick and throw that Alabama rig.

I'm no fisherman, but that's my stomping ground in the summer. You will love it over there, there is a big hotel on the lake with its own docks and ramp, and I know of 3 different restaurants in that area on the water with docks. If you were coming in a couple months I could show you where to hang out and drink beer and look at :cougar:.

Right on fellers. I appreciate the info. I reckon he tries a little bit of everything but ive heard him mention that Alabama rig a lot. He is definitely diehard about bass fishing. The hotel you were talking about on the water sounds about like where he stays when he goes down there. He goes down and fishes it a couple times a year but having info from the locals helps a bunch. I thank yall again and if you happen to be up this way in good ol Cedar Bluff, Va or around Bearwallow or the Hatfield McCoy trails and need anything just give me a shout.