• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FJ40 cage upgrade

pos97TJ

We got in a FJ and he wasnt to happy with his present cage so we upgraded it a little. we still have to put in the spreader on the B pillar and we are building some tube doors but this is what we got so far.

Before
2w70lqo.jpg

ae1f15.jpg

And after

2hdphxw.jpg

op67o5.jpg

2r4rj4o.jpg

Im happy with it let me know what you guys think

AWESOME!:awesomework: That looks 100x better. I'll be out to your shop, probably thursday to check it out, and hopefully get started on my CJ. I wouldn't mind having a cage like that in it!! :;

I can't help but to notice that fancy driver's seat, and I'm not talking about the one in plastic!!:haha: I want one of those!!!!:redneck:

its a snap on susension seat:fawkdancesmiley: Im sure we can do something similar in yours, I should have your sliders made up hopefully at the end of the day tomorrow.

its a snap on susension seat:fawkdancesmiley: Im sure we can do something similar in yours, I should have your sliders made up hopefully at the end of the day tomorrow.

Bitchin! I have training tomorrow, otherwise I would come out. The wife's actually gonna come out and cheer me on:cheer:. That will be the day I get my ass kicked!:booo:

I'll trade you a set of factory TJ seats in really good condition for a set of snap-on suspension seats:fawkdancesmiley:

I used 1 3/4 for the main part and 1 1/2 for the windsheild spreaders, tie the a,b, and c pillars and for the harnesses and seat mounts.

:cool: well done, only thing i don't get is why those hella lights aren't mounted the fj buckets?

I think it would definetly be better if they were, maybe ill persuade the owner to do that:awesomework:

iIt looks like its angry,:awesomework::awesomework: i can dig it .

All he ask for in the begin was that it looked pissed off I am glad that we accomplished that. He is really stoked at how it is turning out.

:D:looks sweat interested in building more in the future

Of course:D

Here are some pics of the doors I built. Should help keep the **** flyin off the front tire from completely covering their legs and toughen the cage up a bit.

10dwmso.jpg

24vqn7m.jpg

2r4h4ip.jpg

just curious...how many feet of tube have you used to build the roll cage? Its lookin good.

I think so far there is 80 feet of 1 3/4 and maybe 80 or so 1 1/2. Alot of the 1 1/2 is used to tie in the seats and the doors.

Sweet looking cruiser :awesomework:

Thanks, I have really enjoyed putting this one together it seamed to fall right into place outside of the seats. Landcruisers dont have a ton of leg room and the owner is like 6'5'' and got the wide corbeaus for it so shoe horning them in cleanly is proving to be a headache.:mad: