• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Flexzilla air hose

patooyee

My dad bought some of this for his home-garage compressor. I used it the other day and its really nice. Extremely light and flexible, high visibility, I loved it.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/flexzilla-air-hose-assembly-3-8-in-x-50-ft?cm_mmc=feed-_-Air%20Compressors-_-Flexzilla-_-3909520&gdftrk=gdfV27960_a_7c2509_a_7c10868_a_7c3909520&iv_=__iv_p_1_g_14207861791_x_pla_y_4900386_f_online_o_3909520_z_US_i_en_j_58504367181_s__n_g_t__d_c_v__vi__

I was wondering if anyone was using it in a shop environment and how it holds up to such.

I've had mine for about 2 years. Love it. The only downside, and it's not something that doesn't apply to most hoses, is that with the soft rubber it tends to hang up when it gets around a corner or under the edge of a tire. But it's light enough that a flick of the wrist will usually free it up.

Used mine daily for probably over a year, beat the crap out of it, dragging it through stuff, over sharp objects ect. Still like new! Lowes has a Kobalt hose reel with the same type hose for $69, I bought 2 and put them on the lifts in my shop.

patooyee said:
Does it kink at all?
Compared to other hoses? No. Since it's more rubbery, it tends to twist itself out of a kink. There's exceptions to everything but it's probably the least kinky out there. :cougar:

Just got to looking at mine a little. Seems I've gotten a little too close to the welder or plasma. No signs of any imminent failure. Not sure if others are better or worse for heat resistance.

Re:

Been using them for years, and still do. They will kink over time but just a quick whip and your back in business. When they first came out they were the best thing since sliced bread

Re:

I have one that I drag around the gurage without any issues. I have another one that 1/2" @ 50' or maybe 100' that runs from the compressor in the basement to a drier system that always stays under pressure with no issue.

I think every professional shop in Ohio is using that stuff now. Seen they even make a garden hose now, may have to try that out as well.

Latest posts