• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Foam Cannons. Worth it?

muddinmetal said:
What the fu*k is the point if you have to hand wash it when you are done? Why not just hand wash it to start with?

I just use it to spray the foam/soap all over the truck then use my wash mitt to wash it, and rinse the mitt throughout the wash. Instead of using dirty buckets.

Seems like it saves the "rinse dirty rag/soap kinda less dirty rag" step.

The rain washes all my vehicles.

My wife used to like to wash her new (then) 4Runner. And she always sucked at it and it only looked half washed. Then she got preggers and when she asked me to wash it I took it and had it washed and detailed. Now 2 years later she still takes it quarterly for the whole deal.
For $125 I ain't spending half a day or more crawling all over that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

customcj7 said:
Washing afterwards yes. I haven't found one yet that would wash the car without touching it after you hose it. It's just a good method for consistent soapy/water delivery to ensure a good friction lubrication and coating. Spray her down and then get the sponge and go. If it's just my truck or the jeep, spray her down, grab a rinse bucket and start scrubbing. My wife's ride I do the two bucket rinse.

Well that makes me not as interested in it now. If I still have to hand wash then I might as well do that and not drag out the pressure washer. I assumed it was a new product that somehow dissolved the dirt better to eliminate the hand wash and make it quicker.

Chemical Guys also have a Cyclone Dirt Trap that filters and seperates dirt in the bucket for a pretty good price. That makes more practical sense now.

They leave a film on the finish that doesn't come off with a pressure washer. They're all pitched like spray-on-rinse-off and you're done but that isn't the case. If you buy one from a Spacebook superstar they'll message you to pump up the product online. Comparable to the good manual car wash in your town.

It can become a spray on rinse off once you get a system going.

The first time you may need to also hand wash to get it really clean. Once it's clean you also spray it down with a product that helps keep the "film" from sticking so the next foam canon wash will get it clean without hand washing. If you don't wash your vehicle often then it may not work as well. Same theory as using tire shine type product before going Mudding to help the clean up afterwards. If you haven't cleaned your car in months then it will probably require some scrubbing to get it really clean. The guys at Cougar Chemical will answer any questions and get you the right choice for what you're trying to do.

Hope that makes a little sense.