• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford gets it right!!!

That car looks great, and nothing screams exotic like a pickup truck/Taurus motor in your super car.

Ehhh....I like the V8 thing, but seriously thats alota HP and it's probably crazy light weight.

I've always been more of the corner carver vs. brute HP type, As girlish as it sounds, I was kinda excited to hear about the 4cyl ECOboost in the Mustangs! Good usable power / power curve with tons of potential being a turbo PLUS the biggest thing being less weight over the nose of the car!

I mean, the V8 rumble is awesome and reliable(especially that 5.0!!!but I think we're slowly getting to that age where the technology is starting to eclipse the old ways. Thinking back in the day when fuel injection started replacing carb's.

There's something to be said about an engine that can function OVER 100% efficiency.

tonybolton said:
Ehhh....I like the V8 thing, but seriously thats alota HP and it's probably crazy light weight.

I've always been more of the corner carver vs. brute HP type, As girlish as it sounds, I was kinda excited to hear about the 4cyl ECOboost in the Mustangs! Good usable power / power curve with tons of potential being a turbo PLUS the biggest thing being less weight over the nose of the car!

I mean, the V8 rumble is awesome and reliable(especially that 5.0!!!but I think we're slowly getting to that age where the technology is starting to eclipse the old ways. Thinking back in the day when fuel injection started replacing carb's.

There's something to be said about an engine that can function OVER 100% efficiency.
I myself prefer corner carver myself but just because it has 420 HP in the 5.0 doesn't mean you have to push the skinny pedal all the way down . I'm still a traditionalist when it comes to muscle cars a V8 belongs down in one period.

New fuel efficiency standards will push more and more V6 engines into what we traditionally had V8's in...

Thanks Clinton :flipgotcha:

tonybolton said:

You cant get over 100% efficiency. All the heat an engine creates is mostly not used for anything but actually takes more thought and planning to get rid of it. That heat is energy that isn't being used, thus decreasing the efficiency so you can't get 100% much less over 100%. I think technology is cool but why not build a v8 twin turboed engine with all the same technology and call it an ecobadass instead of messing with 4cyls because lets all be honest theres a reason Ferrari, lamborgini and bugatti dont mess with 4cyls.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
You cant get over 100% efficiency. All the heat an engine creates is mostly not used for anything but actually takes more thought and planning to get rid of it. That heat is energy that isn't being used, thus decreasing the efficiency so you can't get 100% much less over 100%. I think technology is cool but why not build a v8 twin turboed engine with all the same technology and call it an ecobadass instead of messing with 4cyls because lets all be honest theres a reason Ferrari, lamborgini and bugatti dont mess with 4cyls.
Amen but there have been some beastly six cylinder turbo engines from Asian and European auto manufactures not to discount the potential powerhouses.

2a26bf13784f7817ca37c98a1275472c.jpg

I can't really consider myself "brand loyal" anymore, but I am partial to Fords. That being said, I think I'm gonna pull the drivetrains out of everything I own & put LS motors in 'em, because that's what everybody and their gehy brother is doing these days. :****: :tc :stir: :stir: :stir: