• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FOS shock reviews?

Technician

Anyone run FOAs? If so what do you think of them? If I had an unlimited budget I would go with kings but I don't know if that's gonna be an option.

Technician said:
Anyone run FOAs? If so what do you think of them? If I had an unlimited budget I would go with kings but I don't know if that's gonna be an option.

I have not, but I've NEVER heard anything but bad about foa

I am currently running 14" foas on front and 16" on rear. Wanted ori but couldnt wait that amount of time. Needed somthing to get the juggy up and going. I didnt want to buy expensive coilovers just to sell later when ori's become more available. So i went with a cheap FOA's

First hand experience....not bad for the money so far. I do run a limit strap on each coilover plus a center strap. Im no bouncer but i dont baby mine either

Junk. Fox aren't much more if ya shop around. Very nice shock for the money.

matth_85 said:

I had foxes on my last rig and bent a shaft, which in turn ruined the bearing holder and seals. What problems have you had with your FOA?

If it came down to my rig sitting on blocks in the garage during wheeling season or sucking it up and buying FOAs i would buy the foa's if thats all you budget would allow. No fun in WEB WHEELING!

Just curious, if the shock has proper clearance from frame and you have a stable link setup, and of course besides running over a stick and jabbing it into the shock or something, how do you bend the shaft of a coilover shock?

Mine are 3 years old and still doing fine, along with the other 30 I have installed. Good shock for the money.

matth_85 said:

Where at? I shopped them out a couple months ago and Foxs were all $100+ per shock. At least in a 2.5 reservoir, not sure about the 2.0 stuff. Thats what I like about the FOAs is you can step up to a 2.5 shock for not much more than a 2.0. If your willing to take the chance of replacing some seals or having to take them apart (which you will have to do with ANY brand to revalve) FOA's are a great bang for the buck. Like said above if its the difference in getting on the trail go for it.

highrolrcustoms said:
I had foxes on my last rig and bent a shaft, which in turn ruined the bearing holder and seals. What problems have you had with your FOA?

If it came down to my rig sitting on blocks in the garage during wheeling season or sucking it up and buying FOAs i would buy the foa's if thats all you budget would allow. No fun in WEB WHEELING!

They leaked. The shafts are made of pot metal. Bent at the slightest thing.

The Fox held up very well for me. And I beat down on my rig pretty good.

Technician said:
Im lookin at profender now

I haven't heard any bad from Profender. Don't know a pile of folks running them but everyone that I know that has, has liked them.

matth_85 said:
They leaked. The shafts are made of pot metal. Bent at the slightest thing. The spring retainers are a terrible design and they are made of junk.

Overall, they are what they are. Cheap. You get what you pay for. I didn't have that much bad luck out of mine but my brothers were total trash. I also have a buddy that cannot get the valving right on his no matter what he does, there is something wrong internal and they won't make it right. Just keep having him chase valving.

The Fox held up very well for me. And I beat down on my rig pretty good.

what i get out of the FOA debate is some people have good experiences, others not so much… I'm not much of a gambler when i gotta work so hard to afford this hobby, I want to lay my money down on something I'm sure about- There are plenty of good deals on used coil overs if you're patient and watch the for sale boards… couple years ago I scored some bilstein 2.5 remote res for 450 a set… way more shock that i would have been able to afford new..

I called FOA and the guy was real short with me. Called profender and he seamed to be pretty cool. Never heard anything bad about the. They have really good pricing. I
Working out a deal now.

highrolrcustoms said:
Call Daves Offroad Supply.

x2

I got my Fox 2.0 from him

I had a set of FOAs that leaked. Its about like the Ford 6.0 , there is thousands of them out there and you may be lucky to get a good set.

Why not just go with Fox? Every part you need to rebuild them or replace any part of them is readily available at several different places if ever needed. I looked at buying Kings and Fox just made more sense to me for my application.

Latest posts