• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

French Tickler buggy

That's good to hear. I need to mess with it and see what's going on. Just thought it may have been an known issue since they sent 2 o rings with it. The sides of mine are bulging out as well. But I've had a few poly cells and they all seem to bulge out a little.

Sometimes I'm thinking about investing in the al box that goatbuilt sells.
Then I wonder if it really is an issue that needs addressing.

You had any issues with fuel leaking past the o ring under that filler plate? I need to check the bolts on mine but it started seeping on the second trip out.

I have the older version of that Goatbilt cell and even with new oring it will leak under the filler plate if I fill the tank all the way up. So I try to leave about a 1/2'' gap between the gas and fuel cell to prevent the leak, but don't always accomplish that.

I put that cell in my buddies rig a few years ago and have had no leaks. The only issue is it has sunk in on the sides like its under vacuum. It isn't bad enough he is worried about it though.

Mine bulges under pressure as well.

Mine bulges under pressure as well.

1602511484339.png

Bumping this thread again.
Rear steer is coming !

Going with a 4" tube 14 bolt, 40sp big bells, 05+ outers with Ball Joint Eliminators, Mark Williams spool and ultra light weight brakes

Staying hydro with a second PS pump and making my own self centering system.

Might take me a few months to make it all happen, but the plan is made, parts are ordered and it's going to be awesome !

Bumping this thread again.
Rear steer is coming !

Going with a 4" tube 14 bolt, 40sp big bells, 05+ outers with Ball Joint Eliminators, Mark Williams spool and ultra light weight brakes

Staying hydro with a second PS pump and making my own self centering system.

Might take me a few months to make it all happen, but the plan is made, parts are ordered and it's going to be awesome !

Once the rear steer is finished you'll be marking trail direction via cyclones at each intersection.

How have these displays been holding up to the weather and cleaning? About to start a motorcycle build with Holley injection and would rather have all the gauges on one of those.

Mine is brand new so I don't really know.

I know of 1 person that killed his, but at the same time I know of a ton of racers that had good luck with it. I would totally trust it for a motorcycle. Just remember its big.

I plan to make a mount that has a removable piece of lexan in front of it, with an O-Ring in order to protect it from the bulk of the crap flying around and the pressure washing.

For a cheap bling dash ya can get a used or refurbished surface tablet and download the Holley software and get can to usb cable and have a bling dash. Plus ya can tune with it. I have one so I may run it when it's dry out

Yep, I think @RustyC had a nice thread going here at some point.

This dash let's me do more stuff than just display data, it also is an external datalogger, has GPS speed, adds 10 programmable I/Os to the ECU via CANBus, let's you use virtual switches and it doesn't require any external wiring, which is nice.

Getting the tablet mwthod to look nice or seal properly will be tough IMO.

I also bought this dash on black friday which made it more reasonable.

I'm definitely not @mcutler but this is what I envision :

631d71613c62e1a2d976711dd97934d4.jpg

Now to make it happen with my skill set is going to be harder :rolf:

Yep, I think @RustyC had a nice thread going here at some point.

This dash let's me do more stuff than just display data, it also is an external datalogger, has GPS speed, adds 10 programmable I/Os to the ECU via CANBus, let's you use virtual switches and it doesn't require any external wiring, which is nice.

Getting the tablet mwthod to look nice or seal properly will be tough IMO.

I also bought this dash on black friday which made it more reasonable.

I'm definitely not @mcutler but this is what I envision :

View attachment 122855

Now to make it happen with my skill set is going to be harder :rolf:
I was hoping for the price that the Holley dash done a lot more than the handheld. I'm cheap so this will be my way of looking cool lol. I plan on just doing a ram mount.
that dash looks killer man. And who you trying too fool? I talked to you at Harlan 2 years ago and you are the furthest thing from a dummy. You have built a killer buggy so ur skills are awesome thumb.gif

Thanks. I have high hopes and aspirations so I need to remind myself to keep pushing forward.

I have been very lucky that I'm surrounded by some great people who didn't mind teaching me what they know and entertain bouncing ideas around with me.

I just bought a good laptop and will try to pick up Solidworks. I used to do a lot of CAD like 10 years ago when I was still in school but have completely stopped using it.

The industry completely moved towards virtual design / manufacturing and rightfully so. I want to be able to use the new technologies we have and this feels like a necessary step to me.

I'm also using the buggy to experiment with shock tuning and try to learn in that aspect as well.

Bebop you are progressing along at a rate the rest of us dream of. We are just trying to keep up at this point.
My buggy dash is very simple. Samsung tablet, Torque Pro App, bluetooth OBD2 dongle in the diagnostic port. I can only monitor with mine, no outputs.
The Holley dash look very nice.
I use HP tuners and I am looking into a tablet big / fast enough to use it on. Still no virtual switches but would allow datalogging and tuning to be done.
I've got an LJ build starting and really want the factory gauges in place. Double Din Android radio in the dash fits nice but limited using Torque app. Still looking for options.

Thanks again for the kind words.

At this point I'd need 48h days but I'd love to look into a Holley can converter. There is a real market for this stuff.

My first engineering internship was spent at Renault (french automotive manufacturer) in the engine testing department. I used to compare our prototype engines to the competition. Since they didn't share their data with us (duhhh...) I had to sniff the CAN network and reverse engineer their protocol to understand the data flows. But we had expensive ass tools that I don't have access to anymore.

Some people have replicated succesfully this with an Arduino and there is a market for these converters. The problem is that you have only 2 style of products on the market either a nice integrated solution that is very expensive (and rightfully so, they are banking on the time spent in R&D) or super cheap but completely DYI (plenty of info on Arduino forums).

For your LJ, I'm assuming you're going to use a GM engine.

The best system that I know of to do what you want is from RPMExtreme. They have a very nice GM to Chrysler CAN converter that also supports 6L80/90 applications. but it costs a pretty penny.

Or you could put an autometer dash plate with standard gauges which IMO, looks great.

Or Intellitronix makes a digital cluster that would take an OBD input from the GM ECU.

The virtual switch function is a cool one, not having any switches is a clean way of doing things. With your pdm set up it should stay super nice looking having minimal wiring

Thanks again for the kind words.

For your LJ, I'm assuming you're going to use a GM engine.
Yes looking under trees for an engine now. Plan is 6.2 L9H, 6l80,Ford 205 with 32 spline input.
Everything but the engine in hand.
I've read / gather info that I can send GM sensor data to the Jeep PMC that feeds the dash. Then obviously E38 to run the GM stuff. I'll post whatever works out in a build thread.
Derail off....

AEM does as well. I highly recommend their CD7 screen. I'm blown away at all the aftermarket systems it can integrate with and they are always adding/updating the list.

If I didn't have a Holley ECU I'd have gone with that option. They are badass.

Latest posts