• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fuel cell foam break down?

rokripn

I have found fuel cell foam clogging my fuel filter, my question is, is it possible to flow pass the pump an stick open an injector.i'm running a tpi motor with the 80s style injectors.the motor stats up with throttle applied, stays running throttle but does not want to idle smells like its too rich.all the sensors have been tested, throws no code, has proper fuel psi.:mad:any help is good help

I have found fuel cell foam clogging my fuel filter, my question is, is it possible to flow pass the pump an stick open an injector.i'm running a tpi motor with the 80s style injectors.the motor stats up with throttle applied, stays running throttle but does not want to idle smells like its too rich.all the sensors have been tested, throws no code, has proper fuel psi.:mad:any help is good help

what is the specific application? motor EFI style etc....

what is the specific application? motor EFI style etc....

As far as I know it is a late 80s tpi sbc 350 out of a Camaro, all stock internals, inline HP fuel pump with low psi fuel filter before pump no HP filter after pump.

often, a too rich condition has a very simple solution. In my case, the engine temp sender quit working. (mine: TBI out of Suburban)

If it still has the EGR Valve, Check to make sure it isn't stuck wide open....this will cause a situation similar to yours with it not idling....

If it still has the EGR Valve, Check to make sure it isn't stuck wide open....this will cause a situation similar to yours with it not idling....

all smog is either ripped of or not hooked up, the egr is not hooked up.it started this problem with the motor first bogging out at wot, threw in a new HP fuel pump cleared the foam from the inlet of the fuel filter blew the filter out. I'm guessing I got some foam stuck in a injector or something in there cuz it just started not wanting to fire up an idle out of nowhere, is it even possible to get garbage sucked through a filter? the rig used to run like a champ

often, a too rich condition has a very simple solution. In my case, the engine temp sender quit working. (mine: TBI out of Suburban)

I'll look into that, these efi motors are like diesels you love them when they run an hate them when they don't

Yes it's possible and if you have a 100 micron filter it's probable....What filter do you have and where is it? One filter or two?

I am running a cheap Fram plastic clear filter before the pump none after the pump

This may or may not be your newest problem but it needs to be fixed. You should have a 100 micron filter before the pump to protect the pump then a 10 micron after the pump to protect the injectors...First get rid of that damn foam!

my foam broke down also, started pluggin up my first clear filter before the pump, so i yanked it out, i think i have more capacity now too, also i never even hear it slosh really either.

This may or may not be your newest problem but it needs to be fixed. You should have a 100 micron filter before the pump to protect the pump then a 10 micron after the pump to protect the injectors...First get rid of that damn foam!

Thanks for the info, been meaning to put one after the pump.

I had the same problem on my tacoma truggy. I had to yank the fuel cell foam..... flush the fuel lines... that **** got every where in my system.

Ya its bull ****,I guess they break down if you let it sit without gas in it for awhile??

It breaks down in a year of being in gas. They should let you know that when they sell the cells. Same thing happened to larry gipson in reno at the stampede race.

It breaks down in a year of being in gas. They should let you know that when they sell the cells. Same thing happened to larry gipson in reno at the stampede race.

Shity,I heard of it breaking down just didn't know how long it took? I always gutta learn the hard way....:mad: