• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel delivery problems..

Guys on Pirate are talking about the E2000 pump that is from a 1989 Ford BB truck. But a few guys including Camo say that this pump is not self priming and is not good for off camber stuff cause if it sucks air your screwed. They recomend the P5000. I have the P5001 and the only differense is that instead of 9-22psi its 22-75psi. What do you all think?

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NFPP5000_0249673671

I have ran across the same issue Kev---and always found it was a volumn issue

Yup...agreed!!!:haha: And Mav, any EFI BB ford with framerail pump (88-96 IIRC); But check yourself, as I don't quite remember the specifics....:awesomework:

EDIT: Looks like you did some research:redneck:...yeah, 22-75 psi should do the trick...:awesomework:

Ok after installing the new P5000 pump she runs great! Thanks guy again for all the help. Just wanted to update this for anyone that may need it in the future.:awesomework:

'01 Vortec 4.3 is not TBI, if you're telling the parts house it's TBI, then that may be why you got the wrong pump...should be SFI 4.3L...
I have seen several bad pumps over the years run up to 52 psi, and the vehicle not start....replace pump; gets to 60 psi and starts! (Not doubting you're GM expertise Mike :redneck:, just sayin' what I've experienced!!!:awesomework:)...

Im with you Kev. A gm vortec engine will not start unless it has 55psi. I can have our motovac machine set to 50psi on a vortec engine and it ain't starting.

Ok after installing the new P5000 pump she runs great! Thanks guy again for all the help. Just wanted to update this for anyone that may need it in the future.:awesomework:

Make sure its regulated....75psi can make fuel lines do some interesting things:redneck:

I thought there was a reg in the plenum that brings the pressure down. Im running line that is rated for 3000psi. Do I need an inline reg?

I thought there was a reg in the plenum that brings the pressure down. Im running line that is rated for 3000psi. Do I need an inline reg?
Have you rechecked your fuel pressure???? There is a regulator inside the upper plenum attached to the 'crab' (injector assembly); Check your pressure & make sure it's working...no inline Reg. necessary.:;

I thought there was a reg in the plenum that brings the pressure down.

It doesnt bring the pressure down, It bleeds excess pressure thru the return line to the tank. Im no vortec nerd but i would think there is one on the engine somewhere.

It doesnt bring the pressure down, It bleeds excess pressure thru the return line to the tank. Im no vortec nerd but i would think there is one on the engine somewhere.
Yup, it's inside the upper plenum!:redneck: It's bolted/clipped to the side of the injector assembly---it uses the manifold vacuum inside the plenum, no vacuum line attached to it...problem with that is, the vacuum port can get clooged with carbon, and screw up the regulation of fuel...