• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Injection or Propane?

reckless1

Well I took my rig out for a test run this weekend and had serious carb issues. Current setup is a 283 with Edelbrock carb(new),th350,dana300,1 tons in a CJ7. The thing runs great on the street, but as soon as you get on the trail, it starts loading up and starts spitering and spudering, and will hardly make it up a hill. So the question is do I go F.I. or Propane? With F.I., there are many options to choose from, like a Holley Projection, or a junkyard TBI conversion, or a used 5.3 ready to go. I need your opinions and thought on the direction to take. I have a budget of $1000, if thats do able. Thanks.

If you drive on the road (ie not just a trailer queen), do NOT go propane. The extra hassle of filling up is not something you want to deal with for a street driven vehicle.

For offroad use only, propane is a good cheap option :awesomework:

Shane don't dump any money into a carb. I'd go with whichever is cheaper to set-up. Propane might be cheaper.

Go TBI for simple, no frills, tried and true, and inexpensive if you do your research/dig up some of the major components in a salvage yard...

Rob a wind machine for the propane setup :awesomework: Free :redneck:

Hell if your saucy you can take the GM 496 too.

I'm running a modded Q-Jet but going propane soon.

Latest posts