• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas or Diesel??

Sales manager knows me and my wife have 2022 F350 gas burner ordered with a 7.3 and 4.30 gearing so he sent her home in a 21 F250 with the same motor and gearing to see if we wanted it instead. We drove the mess out this one last night and it's beautiful truck but we're going wait on ours,I think black is one of the sharpest colors on a vehicle but it's just too much work. I just hope ours ain't delayed like this one was,customer ordered this Blacked out Lariat with Tremor package in beginning of February was supposed to delivered to him in May but instead it sat at the Kentucky race track needing chip so he got his deposit back early summer after finding another.

Attachments

• 13EDA2CD-94A5-492B-9434-B71113CB95B4.jpeg
    13EDA2CD-94A5-492B-9434-B71113CB95B4.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 142
You guys with the 6.0LS, have you made any mods to the engine or trans for towing? I pull a 37' travel trailer with my 2008 2500HD and so far I've only upgraded my trans cooler but been thinking about changing out the cam. The fact that it doesn't really "go" until it hits 3k rpm due to the VVT has always bothered me whether loaded or empty. When I mash it, I want it do something.
RV cam?

Only if I had one of them 4 bolt main tree fiddies in a 75 Camero.......................:cool:

I was looking at the truck cam from Brian Tooley Racing (or similar). Pretty much anything bigger moves the torque up in the rpm range, which NOT what I want. Just looking for what others may have done.

Only if I had one of them 4 bolt main tree fiddies in a 75 Camero.......................:cool:

I was looking at the truck cam from Brian Tooley Racing (or similar). Pretty much anything bigger moves the torque up in the rpm range, which NOT what I want. Just looking for what others may have done.

Adjusting shift points in tow/haul mode to kick down earlier/less throttle input may give you better seat-of-the-pants results than messing with the motor.

Basically tune the shift points for the weight you're towing, instead of the best guess the factory made.

Does the 2008 2500HD have a 4L or 6L transmission?

Adjusting shift points in tow/haul mode to kick down earlier/less throttle input may give you better seat-of-the-pants results than messing with the motor.

Basically tune the shift points for the weight you're towing, instead of the best guess the factory made.

Does the 2008 2500HD have a 4L or 6L transmission?
It's a 6L. I typically keep it in manual mode locked in 5th while daily driving anywhere except interstate, That 6th gear is high. Towing, I'm in manual 4th (1:1) with tow/haul mode engaged.

6Ls will benefit a lot from tuning.
Plus your converter will really appreciate if you delete the PWM of the lock up solenoid and limit the lock up function to the higher gears.

6Ls will benefit a lot from tuning.
Plus your converter will really appreciate if you delete the PWM of the lock up solenoid and limit the lock up function to the higher gears.
Sounds likeI need to get some tuning done before I consider changing parts out.

You guys with the 6.0LS, have you made any mods to the engine or trans for towing? I pull a 37' travel trailer with my 2008 2500HD and so far I've only upgraded my trans cooler but been thinking about changing out the cam. The fact that it doesn't really "go" until it hits 3k rpm due to the VVT has always bothered me whether loaded or empty. When I mash it, I want it do something.
What gear ratio does your HD have?

Latest posts